• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Australian Nationals 2015 - Melbourne

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all

We can finally announce Australian Nationals 2015! We are back in Melbourne for what we expect to be our biggest competition ever.

Date: 3-4 October
Times: Saturday 7:30am-7:30pm; Sunday 7:30am-5:30pm.
Events: Every event, except feet and clock
Schedule: Available here

This time we will be in a much bigger room at Camberwell Grammar. However because we don't want to bite off more than we can chew we have a limit of 150 competitors so it's first in, first served. Please don't register if you don't actually plan on attending. It's incredibly selfish to make others miss out. First sort out your plans, then register.

EDIT: The schedule is up, and we will be having four rounds of 3x3 for the first time in Australia!

Last edited:

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Srry you're the only one that actually cares (others might say they do but they're lying). Experiences in the past have made me give up on clock... it just sucks up way too much time.

And 4BLD, 5BLD, MBLD, FMC, 6x6, and 7x7 don't?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And 4BLD, 5BLD, MBLD, FMC, 6x6, and 7x7 don't?

I'm thinking in terms of no one being able to scramble accurately on a consistent basis, and the fact it burns a lot of time and can't be mixed in with anything else (whereas I can easily play around with scheduling for bigbld).

If you really want clock, learn to scramble well, get someone else to learn to scramble well, and convince the Sydney guys to hold it :p

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
:( Perth is so far away :( We need some more competitions in Perth please

Wow, 37 already on the waiting list. Pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:

pyr14

WCA
2014SIME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:(... well i just bought a new clock for now reason.... clock will never be held again ;((( i wanna beat my pb.

well because of that i am not sure if i really wanna waste time going to melbourne. i might still go but probably not.

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:(... well i just bought a new clock for now reason.... clock will never be held again ;((( i wanna beat my pb.

well because of that i am not sure if i really wanna waste time going to melbourne. i might still go but probably not.

Seriously? Even if clock was being held, it'd only be one round and would be a very small part of the competition. I don't think that's a good reason to miss out. Besides, as long as I'm organizing comps occasionally, there will be clock in Australia :p

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Seriously? Even if clock was being held, it'd only be one round and would be a very small part of the competition. I don't think that's a good reason to miss out. Besides, as long as I'm organizing comps occasionally, there will be clock in Australia :p

Organise a comp plx

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The date of the comp fits my calendar perfectly! Fairly good chance I will be going :D.

Yessssssssss Brock!!! Haven't seen you since last nats, which is way too long :3

Organise a comp plx

Lol you want clock more than me, why don't you organize one? Besides, once I get a decent clock avg in comp I'll be less motivated to get it happening more in Australia :p

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you have to do to be a organiser or delegate?

Anyone can organise, you just have to be reliable and responsive. Tim has done it so many times, he can guide anyone through the process.

Being a delegate means being responsible and trustworthy, and having a commitment to the spirit and regulations of the WCA. Generally delegates are people who are seen as leaders in a community.