• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Combating "Cube Fatigue"

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm sure most people on here know the feeling- you start solving and you're doing some ok, maybe even good times, then suddenly, halfway through the times become Ao50+4 seconds.

It's really been annoying me recently so I was wondering if anyone has any tips to combat it?

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I'm sure most people on here know the feeling- you start solving and you're doing some ok, maybe even good times, then suddenly, halfway through the times become Ao50+4 seconds.

It's really been annoying me recently so I was wondering if anyone has any tips to combat it?

Here's a couple ideas on why this could happen IMO:
1. Just a random streak of bad times, big deviations aren't uncommon. Although, it's most likely not the case if this has become a regular occurence.
2. Lack of focus - this will cause poor lookahead and case recognition, you probably won't be aware of it unless you think about it, I guess you could call it "mental fatigue".
3. Finger fatigue - if you've been forcing max tps for a few dozen solves, you're also likely to experience physical fatigue.