• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gloves in Competition

MediumSolver

Is it legal to wear gloves or other covering in competition? My hands get all sweaty and I lose traction on the cube, and I couldn't find anything against them from skimming the regulations. Anybody know otherwise?

CubeWizard23

WCA
2015GAMB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Chalk is what i used, otherwise i've read the entire rule book and didn't see anything about gloves being illegal
P.S. if u use a tiled/stickerless cube the effects of sweaty hands is much worse than on stickered

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it legal to wear gloves or other covering in competition? My hands get all sweaty and I lose traction on the cube, and I couldn't find anything against them from skimming the regulations. Anybody know otherwise?

I'm pretty sure it's legal to wear gloves, but I think they could hinder your times unless they're fingerless. I guess you could also bring some chalk to the comp. Gymnasts and weightlifters use it to help with their grip so that could help as well, although in very small amounts since you wouldn't want chalk all over your cube.