• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 9.204 3x3 AO12 Using Full ZBLL

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
very cool! i will do the same for phasing+ZZLL when i finally finish learning the sune cases.... actually, i actually tried to do it, but the probability of getting 12 cases i know IN A ROW seems just too low :p

irontwig

WCA
2010JERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope that lots of people see your video and stop doubting ZBLL's speed/feasibility!

So fast!

Look, I think what you, Bindedsa and everyone else who has learnt ZBLL have done is cool and all, but I don't know if "Yay, I'm just a bit slower after learning hundreds of algorithms!"indicates too much.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Look, I think what you, Bindedsa and everyone else who has learnt ZBLL have done is cool and all, but I don't know if "Yay, I'm just a bit slower after learning hundreds of algorithms!"indicates too much.

This is with VHLS, when I get a EO skip/easy EO, ZBLL is significantly faster. I have no doubt with a better EO method you would be faster. Also, keep in mind I probably know as many non-ZBLL 1LLLs as ZBLLs if not more at this point as well. Then there's OLS and OLLCP, so it is not as if I'm just using OLL PLL.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01

This is what I thought... To me this just shows that ZBLL isn't really all that useful. I mean Bindedsa has used a big amount of time to learn all these algs and STILL is slower while using EO + ZBLL than he is using simple OLL + PLL...

EDIT: For ZZ method this might be a different case but for CFOP solver OLL+PLL seems to be better than EO(during last slot) + ZBLL. Of course on occasional solves when you happen to get EO skip ZBLL is faster but is it really worth learning hundreds of algs just for those solves?

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Of course on occasional solves when you happen to get EO skip ZBLL is faster but is it really worth learning hundreds of algs just for those solves?

It depends on how much you dislike learning algs, from the start I did not intend to always orient edges and shortly after finishing ZBLL I began learning a lot of different 1LLLs. I like learning algs and the fact that they make me faster is a pretty cool bonus.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:eek: when did you start cubing?

Almost 2 years ago.

how do you force edge orientation? what do you think is the best way to force edge orientation in CFOP solves?
Also when did you FINISH learning ZBLL?

how do you force edge orientation? what do you think is the best way to force edge orientation in CFOP solves?
Also when did you FINISH learning ZBLL?

I just used VHLS here. I think ZZ is best for EO, but if you're going to stick with CFOP it's probably ZBLS and just taking EO into account during F2L. I finished learning ZBLL around October last year.