• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Explanation of Sarah Advanced?

EventHorizon

Hello, everyone.

I am an avid skewber and have been skewbing for a while now. I average about 8 seconds and would like to begin learning some of the Sarah Advanced method, but I don't understand the layout of the cases.
Help please!

Thanks!

Have you tried this: http://sarah.cubing.net/skewb/advanced-variation-by-case.pdf, where the algs are organised based on the colour of the U centre and the arrangement of the corners.

I am not the most knowledgeable with skewb, but is it not possible to get a lot faster without learning Advanced? Fair enough if you're only going to learn a few easy cases, but would it not be better/easier to become more efficient elsewhere first?

E: symbolic 50th post.

Last edited:

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
I learned from Kennan L's videos, also when I was averaging about 8 seconds.

I went through them slowly and for each family of cases, I wrote down which angle to start from, whether to use sledge and hedge, and which case it would reduce to. Then I spent a couple of weeks doing only untimed solves, until I knew what to do for each case.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSquareOne

WCA
2015MOON02
This might be a silly question, but are the 134 cases at Sarah’s site all of the possible last layer cases?

I was planning on generating my own algorithms for these cases (I don’t like doing sledge and hedge) but I wanted to be sure I’m only dealing with 134 of them before I even think about coding!

Thanks
:)