• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WR Speculation Thread

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
IMO it is only a matter of time before someone in the sub-8 club gets an official LL skip... In that case the 3x3 single would probably be beatable only by another LL skip.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO it is only a matter of time before someone in the sub-8 club gets an official LL skip... In that case the 3x3 single would probably be beatable only by another LL skip.
It wouldn't even take a LL skip yet; a skip of any kind could be an easy WR. All of Felik's recent 5s that are on video have been fullstep, and the only one that actually did have a PLL skip would have been a WR if it hadn't been a DNF from a corner twist.

Sajwo got a 6.87 official single when he averaged 13, with a LL skip.

Arphy

This is a bit old, but IMO the only one who's "really" sub 8 is Faz...

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

cuboy63

WCA
2010WANG68
Average of their last 10 official averages:

Bill Wang: 8.12
Alex Lau: 8.23
Mats Valk: 8.23

Although they are certainly overall sub-8 at home, comp nerves + timer fails (like I know Bill has had so much of) make them seem slightly worse then they are.

Hmmm, very interesting statistic

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say alex is exactly 8.
He's known to have particularly bad comp nerves. I actually asked Alex about his global average on youtube, and his answer (not verbatim) was "I'd like to say my average is low 7, but that's only when I'm warmed up and in the zone. Mid 7." He's gotten more than one sub 7 average of 100; saying that he's not sub 8 is simply inaccurate.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
He's known to have particularly bad comp nerves. I actually asked Alex about his global average on youtube, and his answer (not verbatim) was "I'd like to say my average is low 7, but that's only when I'm warmed up and in the zone. Mid 7." He's gotten more than one sub 7 average of 100; saying that he's not sub 8 is simply inaccurate.

also, he said he could get much faster, but doesnt feel like putting the effort in. now he pretty much quit cubing.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Cubing is not all about home averages. It's also an ability to handle big stress on competitions. I agree with statement that Feliks is the only person who is a true sub8 cuber.