• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I'm LiCuber! Hello!

LiCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! My name is Devon C., an aspiring SpeedCuber from the Bay Area, CA. My username is LiCuber, and I'll tell you how that username came to be. If you're not interested in this, go down to the next topic.
anyway, it all started when I was 8, and I was on those random kid games sites, and I always made accounts with weird names. Eventually, my name became mrli1, which kinda stuck for about 4 1/2 years. When I used to play MineCraft, people always called me Mister Li, which I guess kinda did it for me after awhile. I noticed that Li could be a new username basis and eventually made the name TheLiGod. While I still use this name to this day, I also noticed that I could make a cubing username with the same basis; LiCuber. That's that uninteresting story.

TL;DR:
I used a random username that had a base which sprouted into a few other usernames.

anyway, I enjoy cubing, and I'm currently trying to learn a simplified version of F2L (Created by me), 2 Look OLL, and 2 Look PLL. My main speedcube is a Stickerless ZhanChi, but I'm hoping to get a Gans 356 soon. I also do a bit of megaminx for fun, but not really; my best time for it is 9:50.02. My best time for a 3x3x3 is actually 0:59.48, but that's using the beginners' method with a lucky PLL skip. anyway, I'm a bit of a newb to speedcubing, but I'm learning quickly, and I hope to have CFOP down (at least the things specified above) by the end of the summer.

anyway, I'm not sure if you want to watch this, but it's a little video I made about my version of the Simplified F2L. It's only 10 algorithms to memorize, making it the perfect thing for intermediate cubers.

Here's the video:

And I'd really appreciate subscribers, views, and likes to the video. If you want, I'll sub to some fellow cubers!

Thanks for reading this all.

TL;DR
An uninteresting story about me and my n00by steps into Speedcubery.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scruggsy13

Nice to have you around! I don't have time to check the video right now, but I'll see what it's all about. :)

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
"the perfect thing for intermediate cubers"? I'd say you're still a beginner until you are at least under 30 seconds.
Nah, I'd say we're all beginners until we get sub-5 with full ZBLL :) But really, I'd say beginners are anyone >40 seconds.

anyway, back on topic: welcome to the wonderful world of speedkewbingz!

LiCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Quite true! I'm a very slow cuber as of now! But I do think that this could be a viable method for new people who want to learn CFOP without all 42 F2L algs.

Quite true! I'm a very slow cuber as of now! But I do think that this could be a viable method for new people who want to learn CFOP without all 42 F2L algs.

I'm not sure if you're aware but almost everyone who learns CFOP uses intuitive F2L (i.e. no algs).

I don't think there are any intermediate CFOP cubers that don't know F2L yet. and to be honest you shouldn't be making tutorials like this if you PB is 59 seconds using the beginners method.
But besides that welcome to the community :)

DTCuber

Welcome to the speedcubing community!:)

BTW, I live in the Bay Area as well.:)