• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Penn and Teller: Fool us - Rubik's Cube Magic

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was thinking about this a while ago when I watched the show. If I went on, I would just do a normal BLD solve, telling them everything I'm doing honestly. They would be trying to find some sort of misdirection or trick, but actually, I'm just doing a legit BLD solve. I think that would fool them.

tarandeep5

WCA
2014MITT02
OMG, those tricks on the show were amazing! I'm so happy that a fellow cuber actually fooled those judges! The one second solving and getting the cubes in the same state were probably my favourites :D

WCA
2014BLOC01
I was thinking about this a while ago when I watched the show. If I went on, I would just do a normal BLD solve, telling them everything I'm doing honestly. They would be trying to find some sort of misdirection or trick, but actually, I'm just doing a legit BLD solve. I think that would fool them.

I think to pull it off, you'd need to be solidly sub-1, and very consistent. Imagine what would happen if you DNF-ed.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01

My first thought when I saw this thread...

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
708b4f4cba6332eb99c7c5afafa446ea.png

I wonder how much thought was put into that trophy design....

Still amazing magic, really confidently performed.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome! I'd really love to watch the whole thing, though, not a heavily cut version... Didn't even get to see the guys guessing the tricks :-( And the beginning makes no sense as nothing happens with your and Penn's mixed cubes. And where do the cube in Teller's hand and the cube matching it come from?

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
They didn't even bother guessing, after about 3 seconds they just told him that they were fooled.

That's in a weird bay both disappointing and awesome.

Great, thanks! Very nice routine, and well done! I love the cubing skill and knowledge involved.

I just hope that nobody takes your "I had to cheat in competitions" story seriously...