• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless QiYi Skewb (and Pyraminx)

DTCuber

That's exciting! Will this be on the Cubicle? When is the expected release date?

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
The edge mechanism is actually rotated 90 degrees from the Moyu. On the Moyu, the torpedo for the fixed corners is under the one for the floating corners, and vice versa on the Qiyi. This is why the Qiyi's floating corners have stalks and the fixed ones have the sticking out skirt thing. Overall the Moyu seems more compact. I'm not sure what that'll mean performance wise.

SHualong

WCA
2015HUAN17
Brilliant!
Will probally get the stickerless as my Moyu is white and I can't solve on white. More to contribute to the death of late puzzle maker Shengshou :(

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
While I agree that the SS mini 7x7 is a worthy Aofu rival, the 6x6 is rubbish and the skewb is worse than the Moyu as a speedcube and the Lanlan (plus possibly the Qiyi) as a budget skewb.

'Worthy rival of the aofu'
90% of people who are serious about 7x7 use a mini shengshou

The shengshou 6x6 is also hardly rubbish.

Also no way is the LanLan skewb better than the shengshou.

TraciAG

WCA
2015GAGU01
The shengshou 6x6 is also hardly rubbish.

IMO the SS 6x6 is not that good. But it's been around so long people who've had it since the beginning have one that's extremely worn in and are used to turning it in a way that won't make it lock up or explode yet also be fast. For people who have the choice of the Aoshi and SS now I think the Aoshi would do them better. It's more stable and less locky, just way too expensive.

SHualong

WCA
2015HUAN17
"90% of people who are serious about 7x7 use a mini shengshou"

One key reason for that is that the Mini SS is used over the Aofu is that the Aofu is only in pillowed, but when the cubic comes out I think you will find that the 90% will switch to the better Aofu.

"The shengshou 6x6 is also hardly rubbish."

It is rubbish. I have never tried a cube that locks up and pops as much, or is as hard to reassemble as it and would prefer a V cube 6 over an unmodded SS.

"Also no way is the LanLan skewb better than the shengshou."

If the Moyu didn't exist I would use a Lanlan as my main as I find the SS is too clicky. Plus my point was that the Qiyi will probally be better than the SS.

DTCuber

Brilliant!
Will probally get the stickerless as my Moyu is white and I can't solve on white. More to contribute to the death of late puzzle maker Shengshou :(

My pyraminx main, 6x6 main, 7x7 main, and megaminx main are all Shengshou.