• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your first official solve ever

WCA
2013BARK01
If you have a video, post your first ever official solve. It can be of 3x3, of your favorite event (keep it from your first competition) or your overall first solve. For me, it is all of the above, because 3x3 is my favorite event, and UIUC Spring 2013 started with 3x3.
I'll start: (I'm sorry I can't embed this, but my computer has really bad internet right now, and I can't upload it to youtube, let alone download it from my google drive)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_03Y7zMEs9OdGg4OFRfSTRkVmM

Aussie

WCA
2014GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My 1st ever official solve was my 5:53.81 6x6 solve at the US Nationals 2014.

At the time I averaged 6:30 and I was expecting like a 7:50. :p I was very happy with the solve. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2014ATTI01
My first every was like a 5.xx on a 2x2 and like a 17 on 3x3 but the averages sucked. The next comp I didn't do 2x2 because mine was broken but my 3x3 average went down by more than 10 seconds and single was a 12.xx. Good improvement imo for me.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
1:42.00 2x2 solve. I keep screwing up. I was using a old rubik 2x2 . I was quite nervous. They had a stage set up and I was at the middle front timer station. Since that comp was at Te Papa there were so many spectators.

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
At the delegate's discretion. My guess is that the delegate never even knew about this issue.

My first solve was a 21.46, nothing special for me at the time. I did get a 14.80 on my third solve of that average, though.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if I have a video, I'll have to check. All I know is that it was a bad 2x2 solve, made even worse by forgetting to AUF at the end of the solve. I had Alex Lau as my judge though.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
At the delegate's discretion. My guess is that the delegate never even knew about this issue.

My first solve was a 21.46, nothing special for me at the time. I did get a 14.80 on my third solve of that average, though.

If it's someone who has competed before, solved before on the day, potentially did it maliciously (scramble sucked) then sure, the delegate may say no to a resolve. But for a first time competitor, I think pretty much any delegate would automatically say "yeah e1", so it's really the fault of the judge for not knowing to grab the delegate.

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My first solve was a 13.46 2x2 which was neither good nor bad for me at the moment. first 3x3x3 solve a couple of hours later at the same comp was this one.

Judge was Carlos Méndez, the spanish champion at that time.

Last edited by a moderator: