• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random conversations

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

SenorJuan

Is 'spaz cuber' an acceptable Youtube handle these days? It sounds more 1976 than 2016. When PC meant Police Constable, and Personal Computers, and Political Correctness didn't exist.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is 'spaz cuber' an acceptable Youtube handle these days? It sounds more 1976 than 2016.

Haha, I just thought of a youtube username. It's very corny but its better than xyCuber. (I do wish I did something other than cuber, maybe I'll change it in the future.)

I might change it to spazguy, I may upload non-cubing stuff on there soon so it might be more fitting.

Last edited:

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are there any other nations that have awful food signature dishes?
It's one thing saying you don't like our fish and chips but it's another to label them awful for your question. There's no such thing as an awful dish, only personal preference and the very fact that a dish is a signature dish suggests it is very popular and much loved so the question kind of contradicts itself. I personally love fish & chips, with plenty of salt, no vinegar, scraps and perhaps some Heinz ketchup. I also like battered sausage and chips and a nice deep fried chicken leg quarter and chips, yummy. If the chips are done too fresh they can be a bit potatoey so the trick is to keep them warm but leave them 5 mins before you eat them. Unlike USA style fries our chip shop chips are much thicker and usually quite soft and stodgy which adds to their deliciousness. I love all chips / fries apart from some I had from an Indian takeaway once.

SenorJuan

Top dietary advice there from Tony !!

Reminds me of a quote from my far-from-ideal neighbours:
The entire family + dog left their house, heading for the nearby shops, and the mother of the family was heard to loudly say to her son: "Errr, Steven, why are you eating an apple when you know we're going to the Chip Shop???"

(name changed to protect the innocent)

Boneless

It's one thing saying you don't like our fish and chips but it's another to label them awful for your question. There's no such thing as an awful dish, only personal preference and the very fact that a dish is a signature dish suggests it is very popular and much loved so the question kind of contradicts itself. I personally love fish & chips, with plenty of salt, no vinegar, scraps and perhaps some Heinz ketchup. I also like battered sausage and chips and a nice deep fried chicken leg quarter and chips, yummy. If the chips are done too fresh they can be a bit potatoey so the trick is to keep them warm but leave them 5 mins before you eat them. Unlike USA style fries our chip shop chips are much thicker and usually quite soft and stodgy which adds to their deliciousness. I love all chips / fries apart from some I had from an Indian takeaway once.
We have those kinds of fries here, we just usually call them steak fries and they usually still have the potato skin. A signature dish from where I live? In the American Midwest, we have lots and lots and lots of corn, wheat, and soybeans as crops. I guess we do eat a lot of corn, since most cookouts I've been to we throw a couple of ears in the husk on the grill, and then put on some butter and salt and pepper. In Indiana at least we eat a lot of tomatoes, so a nice home grown tomato on a BLT in the late summer is certainly delicious. We also have fried tenderloin, which is apparently unique to the Midwest. Much of the cuisine around here comes from the south, so there's a lot of old recipes for fried chicken, cornbread, coleslaw, grits, and other things like that.

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
Bleh polystyrene. come to the proper south (aka new zealand). Newspaper wrapped chips. No gravy or peas to be seen :)
Yes newspaper was the best but they stopped doing that in the UK for some reason. It always had a sheet of clean paper to start with so no idea why.