• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lawrence Summer/Fall 2015

cashis

Sort of, but wouldn't it be more awesome to go to even more comps? I had to miss Dixon, Indiana, and Dayton this June, and I'm really kinda annoyed that I couldn't even go to one of them. The Lawrence comps are awesome though :p

lol I've been cubing for 2 years and there hasn't been a comp within a state of me lol

RjFx2

Based on the last two Lawrence comps, I think it would be good to have 3 rounds of 3x3 and 2x2, 2 rounds of Pyra, and 1 round of skewb megaminx OH and 5x5. With these you could have extra time so cutoffs could be longer and have a Fmc side event or something like that. Reasons: everything should be easy to understand why, and two rounds of Pyra is because it has been the most popular event in both Lawrence competitions besides for 2x2 and 3x3. Tentative could also have second round of skewb.

Wow, a lot of unnecessary typing.

^ Still think that's good

shadowkiller168

Premium Member
WCA
2014PASC03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually that's better

I, to a certain extent, plan on doing that. I'm always going to have 3 round of 2x2 and 3x3, 1 round of Megaminx, and Pyra/Skewb + OH are all very likely.

That basically leaves room for about 2-3 extra events (depending on the events, turnout, etc.) which I leave open to the local cubers to decide as long as it's reasonable (I'm never going to do 3 round of FMC, 7x7, AND Multi-BLD as it takes up too much time).

WCA
2013BARK01
I, to a certain extent, plan on doing that. I'm always going to have 3 round of 2x2 and 3x3, 1 round of Megaminx, and Pyra/Skewb + OH are all very likely.

That basically leaves room for about 2-3 extra events (depending on the events, turnout, etc.) which I leave open to the local cubers to decide as long as it's reasonable (I'm never going to do 3 round of FMC, 7x7, AND Multi-BLD as it takes up too much time).

which event should you remove?
2-3 = -1, -1 extra events is the same as taking away an event, lol

Ok, seriously if you want to add 2-3 events, I would say 4, 5/6, and 7.

Edit: I am not talking about the secret WCA event, the 0.83x0.83x0.83, when I'm talking about 5/6. lol literalness :p

Last edited:

shadowkiller168

Premium Member
WCA
2014PASC03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know nats just happened, but I want to know for sure this is happening so I have something to practice for ;)

So do I. I need to know if a delegate is on board with this before I do anything drastic.

Don't worry if there isn't a Lawrence Summer; I can guarantee that there will be AT LEAST 1 more comp from me in 2015. If Lawrence Summer can't happen, then there will be Lawrence Fall. Optimally, there would be both, but I can't guarantee that.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So do I. I need to know if a delegate is on board with this before I do anything drastic.

Don't worry if there isn't a Lawrence Summer; I can guarantee that there will be AT LEAST 1 more comp from me in 2015. If Lawrence Summer can't happen, then there will be Lawrence Fall. Optimally, there would be both, but I can't guarantee that.

How do you expect to plan and announce 2 comps in 4 months when you haven't even secured a delegate or staff?

Last edited: