• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will there ever be a cube competition in Cairns, Australia?

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If someone were to secure a suitable venue for the competition, organize it, and get a delegate over (You would probably have to let them stay at your house and pay for their tickets), then it probably would happen.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If there is enough demand, and someone goes to the effort of securing a venue and the equipment we need (tables and chairs), we can cover the cost of delegate travel. But are there really many cubers in Cairns?

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will the WCA ever schedule a cubing competition in Cairns, Australia?
I think you might be misunderstanding, the WCA doesn't schedule competitions. Ordinary cubers do, and they get the WCA's approval with the help of a WCA delegate. There will not be a competition in your town unless someone steps up to organize it.

shadowkiller168

Premium Member
WCA
2014PASC03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you might be misunderstanding, the WCA doesn't schedule competitions. Ordinary cubers do, and they get the WCA's approval with the help of a WCA delegate. There will not be a competition in your town unless someone steps up to organize it.

On top of that, it isn't that hard to plan one, and once you start one, others will start popping up as well! There very well may be a lot of cubers in your area, but you will never know exactly how much without a competition. I organized Lawrence Spring 2015 and got over 100 competitors, obviously implying that there was some serious untapped community here because no one except me actually took the initiative to organize a competition.