• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to make an Astrolabacus

illius

WCA
2015VIRJ01
Hello everybody,

I have a 3D Printer on its way (Ultimaker 2 Standard Size), and would love to be able to make an Astrolabacus with it. The trouble is, I am an absolute beginner at 3D Design, so I was wondering if anyone had the STL files for an Astrolabacus (puzzle size doesn't have to match the original). I know that Tony Fisher printed an Astrolabacus last year. I believe that the entire puzzle would be legal, as the patent for the original Astrolabacus has expired.

For the small balls inside, I think that I may get them printed through Shapeways.

Thanks very much for all your help (in advance).

[NOTE: I have posted this on the TP forum also].

Last edited:

cataldo

if you find out how to make one, can you make 2? private message me a price you would want, ill see if it works. let me know!