• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YouTube is Removing Cubing Videos

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
just noticed two of my videos were taken down, both 3x3 avgs of 12 (9.97, 9.56) scrambles were in the description... So when I take the scrambles out, they will make it public again?

Well you see the problem is you can't access the video's description to edit it...so the only thing you can really do is appeal.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is more information about the YouTube policy - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973

Please select a reasonable number of tags that most closely reflect your video content. Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video.

I'm guessing scrambles sometimes fall in to this category ("R2 D2" springs to mind... nothing to do with Star Wars) and may result in the video being removed.

If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies.

Be wary of putting URLs in your video descriptions (various suggestions earlier in this thread) because they may also cause you problems.

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One thing I want to point out is that i have had two videos removed and those had JUST the scrambles in the descriptions and nothing else but almost all my other videos have a preset description which i think might be keeping them safe despite most of my videos having scrambles as well. Just thought I would put this out there.

Please subscribe for more solves, crazy solves, cubing vines, and speed cubing help videos! Thanks for watching!

Follow me on twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/sirwaffle2/

My Skype: sir.waffle1

My website: http://sirwaffle.weebly.com

My twitter: https://twitter.com/SirWaffle2

My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sirla.waffle

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Am I being bling? I can't seem to find this...
You're not being bling, I couldn't find it either, but I googled it and found it here.

There's a link to where you can appeal:
2ne8.png

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please select a reasonable number of tags that most closely reflect your video content. Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video.

I'm guessing scrambles sometimes fall in to this category ("R2 D2" springs to mind... nothing to do with Star Wars) and may result in the video being removed.

Really? Who uses scrambles as tags?

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should give it a little time. Mine are still gone, too, but it hasn't even been an hour since I appealed. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a few days until they get back to you. But don't read too much into it yet, I'd say.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, you're right, I now see youtube itself talks like that and I had missed it in the text you quoted earlier, sorry. Makes no sense to me and I'm trying to find out what exactly they consider tags.

It's hard to say what they might consider to be tags. I think it's safe to assume that whatever is trawling through the titles and descriptions, searching for tags and adding them to their search database is also flagging up our content as breaking some of their rules. Maybe it is the presence of similar sequences of turns in different scrambles for some videos that is causing problems, who knows.

I think our scrambles must confuse their logic in much the same as some genuine e-mails confuse anti-spam mechanisms and end up in spam folders. Like someone said earlier in this thread we may be ok if there is some other text in the description as well but I wouldn't bet on it. I haven't had any videos removed yet but I've removed the scrambles just to be on the safe side.