• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Interested in ZBLL? ZB masterclass at Nats 2015

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
In the world of music, a "masterclass" is a class in which someone who is knowledgeable about a topic will impart knowledge/techniques/advice and the teacher talks with each student and everyone gets to listen in and learn.

At Indiana 2015, I sat at a table with some really awesome people and showed them some techniques that they thought was cool!

Therefore, I was thinking that we could do a similar format. After events are over, I'll sit at a table where everyone can see examples, ask questions, and discuss ZB topics. It's a lotttttt of stuff to talk about, so I'm thinking it'll take at least an hour to cover everything. The sheer volume of typing is a contributing factor to why I haven't typed out a post because it'd take a lot of time to put together spreadsheets, charts, examples, picatures, etc.

I'm hoping someone could record and tabulate everything into a coherent form so that everyone can benefit from my tricks.

For anyone who's not familiar, I'm 4chan, I completed ZBLL in 2009 and was the first to upload averages on Youtube. The first time I did the ZB method was with mostly optimal ZBLL algs from Cube Explorer back in 2009. I recently returned to cubing in January 2015, and relearned ZBLL in one month using special tricks which I will share at Nats. I've also used ZBLL to create special techniques which are useful in other fields like BLD and FMC.

At the Nats 2015 ZB Masterclass, I will cover the following subjects:

• Statistical approaches to the ZB method.
  • Combining statistics with extrapolation to estimate ZBLL cases with high accuracy.
  • Advanced recognition methods and techniques. At least four recognition methods will be explained in detail.
  • How to force guaranteed LL skips under 17 moves.
  • AUF elimination/consolidation techniques.
  • Mass Memorisation Techniques.
  • Ancient secret illuminati codes hidden in large alg sets. (I'm not joking, this is a serious topic which will be covered and was touched upon at Indiana 2015. These secret illuminati patterns explain how to selectively move edges within ZBLL alg families).
  • How to reduce large alg sets, and how to solve every ZBLL case with 50 "algs". (Beginner's ZBLL)
  • Using ZBLL to do EIGHT piece FMC insertions of both edges AND corners.
  • Supplementing speed optimal BLD corner algs with ZBLLs to solve corners and edges SIMULTANEOUSLY.
  • Advice in learning and progressing from Beginner's ZBLL to Intermediate and Advanced ZBLL.
  • General Q&A.

UPDATE: For the sake of time, I'll be doing a seminar on Saturday of Nationals at 9:10.
See you guys there, if you have any questions or want examples, feel free to talk to me in person!

[video=youtube_share;kZLvlfOKufw]http://youtu.be/kZLvlfOKufw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
holy yes, Chris told me how cool this was. I can't wait to meet you at nats, and I'd love to learn more about this!

I heard you know lots lots lots of these algs already!
So you might actually already know most of the stuff I'm talking about, hahaha. I hope I can help!

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, section on 2GLL would b cool

I actually don't have any tricks for 2GLL because SOOOO many of them are just a combination of sune/antisunes. I also didn't think of any creative recognition things because of the whole corners being correctly permuted and etc.
I totally neglected any ways of getting 2GLL easier.

Apologies. :(

Great idea, however its not so great for those of us in different hemispheres lol,
I think you should do a long series on your youtube channel about everything ZBLL because I seriously think you're one of the only people who could even teach this stuff

The reason I haven't already made a video series is because I'm reallllly busy. I'm currently balancing 40-50 hours a week in a lab and taking classes. I'm actually reallllllly behind on a literature review because I spent my past weekend at a comp.

I think the most efficient way of doing it is just to have someone video record the discussion at Nats, and then the info will just naturally propagate.

Sorry about that! :(

Last edited:

kschiew

This is really cool. Really hope someone can help and record the whole thing please!!!