• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] How can I get sub x on 3x3?

Blabber333

WCA
2014SPAN02
So, ive been seeing a lot of people just asking how to get sub 20. I want to open it up to sub "x" so that anyone can be helped and it is more inclusive. So, ill start it of:

I average 21 seconds, i have been doing slow untimed solves and fast timed solves how can i get faster.

Please write your questions and then other people will reply to them.

EvanCahill

I currently average around 48 seconds, and would like to be around 35. Is there any way I can get there without f2l and use 2 look oll and headlights pll

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool, maybe if we get all these posts, in one place, I can just write this once:

If you want good advice about how to improve, post a video so people can see your weak areas and make specific suggestions. Everyone is different and just seeing your times (or even your splits) is NOT enough to tell us what's going on with your solves.

If you ask a generic question, you'll get generic advice. If you post a video, you'll get specific advice tailored specifically to what you need to work on.

darckhitet

Banned
First try learning all Pll's at least, 2 look oll should be good, try slowing down at cross and f2l and try looking what you are doing and what would be better given such case, learn to insert pairs from the back and cross try to do in less than 7 moves, time yourself solving slow and try using a metronome and do 1 turn each time it sounds, keep doing the same and increase speed and you will average around 16 in 1 month and a half.

darckhitet

Banned
How do I get sub 15?

Like seriously 1 month stuck here and not being able to progress, these are my times:
cross: 2 secs avg
f2l: 5 secs avg
LL: 9 sec average: 6 secs oll 3 secs pll, full fridrich but can't memorize algorithms correctly and sometimes execute the wrong ones

Aurichalcite

WCA
2015ROSA08
You need F2L, don't worry though because it's not too bad I had a 60 sec average using beginners and jumped up to sub-40 as soon as I learned F2L and 4LLL. (I recommend using badmephisto's page for algorithms)

To get sub-40 will take a little effort, but it will be worth it :)

twistybr01

My pb is 15,32, however my times vary a lot sometimes, but regularly i average something about 30 seconds. And i have been stuck eith this average for a long time, i know full pll, over 30 oll and most p2l. I dont know ehat i can do to get better.

Twisty BR

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like seriously 1 month stuck here and not being able to progress, these are my times:
cross: 2 secs avg
f2l: 5 secs avg
LL: 9 sec average: 6 secs oll 3 secs pll, full fridrich but can't memorize algorithms correctly and sometimes execute the wrong ones

That F2 is excellent, seriously. Most people find that the hardest part so GJ!, but that last layer is not good, the OLL area in particular, you need to get the entire last layer including Recognition under 6 seconds.(preferrably under 5)