• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do you get sponsors on YouTube?

CubeCow

I'm looking to start a Youtube cubing channel,and I know that unboxings and reviews are what's popular in cubing videos right now.
The problem is I don't have a lot of money to buy cubes. I know that unboxings and reviews aren't all I can do, but I'm not currently a super fast cuber, so my solve videos aren't super entertaining.
I would like to know if and how I can get a cube company to sponsor my videos. Thanks.

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
To expand on what the previous person has said is typically you should have 1-2 thousand subscribers, but also find a cube shop that is willing to have testers/sponsors. Imo a lot of youtubers are being sponsors lately so I feel like trying to find a shop that wants to sponsor you might be a bit of an issue. I would first try to find some shops that are willing to sponsor you once you have met the requirements( ie. that particular shop does not have a lot of testers yet).

cashis

The point of my post was it's hard to be popular without unboxings and reviews making it an uphill battle, unless I can get a sponsor right off the bat.
This is the struggle every new YouTube cuber faces. This is why not everyone can do the YouTube stuff, because unfortunately sponsorships aren't handed out.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
It sounds like you want to do the same thing everyone else is. People don't like unboxings and reviews, they like the person doing the unboxing and reviews. You need to get good at making videos and offer something that people want to see. Most big youtubers didn't expect to get big. They had fun making videos and people slowly started finding them.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
You've got it the wrong way round. You don't get popular on youtube because you've got sponsors. You get the sponsors once you're popular on youtube. And of course it's difficult. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is an insane amount of people making cubing videos lately. Out of all of the cubes I have used in my reviews only 2 cubes have been sponsored. Don't make videos if the goal is free cubes. Make them because you love to do it and most likely stores will contact you.

Also, I would highly recommend not starting a channel without a bit more experience. There isn't an exact number for what you times or years should be and of course everyone has a right to make YouTube videos. I would think of it as if I picked up basketball and made YouTube videos on tips for playing only after a few months of playing.

Whether you start a channel or not remember that the goal is to enjoy the hobby.

Last edited: