• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Newcastle Winter 2015 (Newcastle, Australia)

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah. this is why i tried to put (australia) in.
Iirc, the title was cut off after "Newcastle".

E:
pL3QFLY.png

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Someone should make another competition in Newcastle, England, also called Newcastle Winter 2015.

I want to see the database break.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Someone should make another competition in Newcastle, England, also called Newcastle Winter 2015.

The "Newcastle Winter 2015" competition in Australia has the unique identifier NewcastleWinter2015.

Another competition in England could also be called "Newcastle Winter 2015" but it would have to use another unique identifier in the system. E.g. NuTWinter2015

It's kind of like having two competitors with the same name but different WCA ID's. The competition ID's also have to be different. It's very easy to enforce this at the database level with a primary key, some unique constraint, for the competition table.

I want to see the database break.

Volunteers spend countless hours improving the system....

Tim.

Last edited:

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
The "Newcastle Winter 2015" competition in Australia has the unique identifier NewcastleWinter2015.

Another competition in England could also be called "Newcastle Winter 2015" but it would have to use another unique identifier in the system. E.g. NuTWinter2015

It's kind of like having two competitors with the same name but different WCA ID's. The competition ID's also have to be different. It's very easy to enforce this at the database level with a primary key, some unique constraint, for the competition table.

Volunteers spend countless hours improving the system....

Tim.

You would not believe how disappointed I am right now.