• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Have You Ever Placed Last in a Competition?

mDiPalma

Yes. I got 2 DNF singles in a single average.

Everyone made fun of me and I cried for 2 weeks.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A few times but only 2-5 people completed at that event. I didn't care about my placing much.

The time I completed at feet I came last and first since I was the only one to do it at nz nationals 2013.

1500th post

Hssandwich

WCA
2013SAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I came last for 4BLD, oh, and for 4x4 once because I messed up the first two solves, and then proceeded to do 4x4 OH for the third solve, K4 with no finger tricks for the fourth solve and no fingertricks for the last solve. My average was around 2 mins lol

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I got last place in 2x2 at Harrow. I DNFed one solve then did a BLD solve on the 5th.

I hadn't solved a 2x2 since my previous comp and have now stopped wasting time and competing especially since I still use Ortega and most UK competitors use at least CLL.