• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Would modding a Hualong make it better?

Timbuktu10

Right now I have a hualong as my main and would like to see if doing the 48 edge point mod and rounding the corners would help. If so please give instructions on how to do it.

Timbuktu10

I can't see how the smoothness and speed of a HuaLong could be stopping you from getting better times. Have you at least tried lubing and tensioning it first?
I never said it would get me better times. And I've lubed and tensioned it.

Timbuktu10

His point was that the cube is probably not inhibiting you, so modding would not make it better and thus answering your question.

Like I've stated before, I don't think it will get me better times, I just want to have a cube that feels even better.

RomFrta33

I have the shuangren v2 and it was already super awesome when I decided to mod it yesterday, I modded it really hard, took off a lot oh plastic (centers only) and now it's a beast o_O I think you could mod it but it's already really good and well rounded.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't overmod it if you're going to try
I would say go ahead and try it especially if you're just going for 48-pt edge mod
It's damn near impossible to mess that one up, just only take plastic off the sharp points and not the flat length of the piece