• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Progress after 2 and a half months of cubing (CFOP)

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
Since I posted a thread a while ago I had been averaging around 30 seconds, now I average under 26 usually, with my new PB of 19.62

I currently main a primary plastic colored Gans 357 (I had switched yellow to black stickers because in low light conditions I found it hard to differentiate the two and has not ruined my recognition at all) very effortless to turn and the corner cutting is very good and it suits my turning style well

I am fully color neutral and not biased towards any one cross color

I learned all PLL's except Gb and Gd which I find hard to fingertrick or find better algorithms for rather than what the most popular ones are

I know full 2-look and a bunch of 1-look OLL's

I can now always do cross on the D face but tend to do a rotation when making it for some hard cases

I've been convinced and realize how F2L is the most important part of CFOP solving (watching someone like Feliks who can do it in about 4-5 seconds) I realized that if you can perform F2L very well and you only know 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL you'll very easily get sub 20

The only problem I have is trying to track my first pair because I'm too focused on trying to put my cross together and then transitioning into different pairs, I can do pairs from different angles and can deal with every case differently

How could I work towards fixing these issues?

Attachments

• sub30andsub20.png
    sub30andsub20.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 15

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Firstly, finish PLL. Interestingly, although I hate some PLLs, I don't mind Gb or Gd. I use:
R' d' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2 for Gb (or I sometimes start with F' U' F R2 u etc.), and
R2 F' R U R U' R' F' R U2 R' U2 R' F2 R2 for Gd. You can see how I fingertrick them here and here.

Rotating during cross sometimes is fine, but make sure you're using <8 moves 90% of the time.

Learn to plan your cross fully in inspection. This is important as it allows you to transition into F2L easily, since you don't have to worry about looking at your cross pieces. You can do this by taking as much time as you need to plan out the cross. Don't worry about overinspecting; the time you'll need will decrease and soon you'll be able to do it well within inspection time. Once you can do this, you can then focus on tracking your first pair as you're solving the cross, since you don't need to be looking for cross pieces.