• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SS Aurora Mod Help?

I have a SS Aurora and it is a great cube. However, The tracks on the edge pieces collect a bunch of junk and so I have to clean it out and relube it every two months of so. I have looked for help on getting rid of the tracks by sanding them down but so far I have not found anything helpful. If anyone has ever tried this or would have a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't sand them down. The pieces are made to fit together with those in place. removing them will cause the cube to be very loose with pieces being able to move around in their place. I would recommend either try not lubing it, or just really watch to keep it clean. cleaning cubes is a normal part of speed cubing.

Thanks for the help.
I lube it because it is a lot slower without lube. I use Cubicle silicon lube. Do lubes that dry on the cube still collect dirt?

Also what if I just sanded down the edge so that there would not be a corner it would be a smooth bump. Has anyone ever tried sanding it off.

Last edited:
I have read bout doing the 48 pem and the 24cpm but i dont know what they are. Can anyone explain it or does anyone have a video of this being done.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is mainly just smoothing out the edges on the ends of the pieces (closest to the core). There are three points on each corner piece 3 x 8 corners = 24 cpm. I feel that the Aurora don't catch so much internally but instead needs the pieces to be more rounded although it may cause it to corner twist more.

Ok thanks alot for all the help. One thing that I have realized is that the pieces seem to retain some of the lube after I wipe them off so I will not need to add as much.