• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] Ryan Przybocki 4.67 Skewb average

rybaby

WCA
2013PRZY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sub 5 at last...
Fastest RSM user (as far as I know).

It's amazing how much people have improved since August, when I got my old PB of 5.13. It's nice to feel like I'm catching up with the times :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 19792

On solve two, did the competitor stop the timer when the puzzle popped?

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
BWAAAHA-HAHAHA-HA! Your judge's face in the thumbnail! Looks like he's in the process of shitting he's pants! XD

very nice! ive never heard of RMS before, but then again, i dont know much about skewb. how much do you practise skewb? is it one of those puzzles where you can get 'good' (idunno what's good... like, 9 seconds??) after like a six hour session, or do you actually have to work for it?

rybaby

WCA
2013PRZY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
BWAAAHA-HAHAHA-HA! Your judge's face in the thumbnail! Looks like he's in the process of shitting he's pants! XD

very nice! ive never heard of RMS before, but then again, i dont know much about skewb. how much do you practise skewb? is it one of those puzzles where you can get 'good' (idunno what's good... like, 9 seconds??) after like a six hour session, or do you actually have to work for it?

I've practiced on and off a lot. Last spring I practiced pretty intensely to reach sub 6, then after nationals I still practiced, though not as much. But in the last couple of months I have picked up the practice more and gotten back to learning new algs and hax.

Back when I started skewb (~December 2013) it took a couple weeks to get sub 10 even. However, I don't know what it would be like starting today, since skewb hardware, documentation, and fingertricks have improved tremendously from when I started (or you could stick with good ol' handtricks like Ranzha and I :3). RSM is definitely worth a look (ranzha.cubing.net). It isn't very popular, but development continues on its algs and it's a fun method. Learning to hack cases is also really cool.