• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the best 2x2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peedoo72

There isn't a thread for this so I thought i might make one.

Question: What is the best 2x2?

peedoo72

For all that dont like the Dyan 2x2 try swapping the springs to moyu springs, they can make the cube very tight but its the same speed and can corner cut the same but doesnt pop

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
It's usually personal preference between the Dayan 2x2 and the Moyu lingpo. I've had both of these cubes and in MY personal opinion the lingpo is better. The moyu is a lot faster right out of the box and breaks in a lot better than the dayan. It's really hard to put it back together after taking it apart though. I don't find the dayan broke in very well, mine got worst and worst after many solves. Same happened with my Dayan 3x3 zhanchi...

Animorpher13

WCA
2015ELSP01
I don't find the dayan broke in very well, mine got worst and worst after many solves. Same happened with my Dayan 3x3 zhanchi...

My Zanchi was really bad, so i left it for like 3 months. Then one day I put cubicle weight 4 lube in it, broke it in, and now it is awesome. It took a while getting used to the blocky feel (as opposed to moyu cubes) but now I am comfortable with both brands.

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
My Zanchi was really bad, so i left it for like 3 months. Then one day I put cubicle weight 4 lube in it, broke it in, and now it is awesome. It took a while getting used to the blocky feel (as opposed to moyu cubes) but now I am comfortable with both brands.

My 2x2 zhanchi is actually pretty good now after I lubed it with traxxus 30k (Probably would be better if I would'nt have lubed it with jigaloo months ago to help and it softened the plastic, whoops :p)...
You'll likely be happy with either one of those cubes though... You could get sub-2 averages with either one of them in the long run (With the proper algorithms and practice, of course :p)

EDIT: I should've read this post better. I thought it was somebody asking what the best 2x2 was for themselves :p

Last edited:
WCA
2012PATE01
Dayan, it is fast but not to fast ( like the lingo), corner cuts great, very smooth ( that feeling when it's very broken in though <3, fast 2x2ers who use Dayan will know), never pops and it support most algs. What I mean by that is that I mostly lock up doing B moves on the lingo and wittwo, the seem to have a greater tips though at 2 gen algs.

Status
Not open for further replies.