• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please make separate section for official competitions information

Ron

WCA
2003BRUC01
I think it is better to make a separate section for official competitions information, instead of a subsection of speedcubing forum.

Have fun,

Ron

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I'd have to agree.

When I first created the forum, it was originally suggested that it went as a sub-section of speedcubing. But I do indeed agree it should be separate.

What does everyone else think about it?

hawkmp4

Separate!
It should be very visible.
The subforums just tend to...disappear.
Plus as it seems tim is insinuating, there's a lot more than just plain speedcubing going on at WCA competitions.

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I first created the forum, it was originally suggested that it went as a sub-section of speedcubing. But I do indeed agree it should be separate.

When was this? I don't remember it (although I remember my suggestion of making it a child to the 'competition area'...)

Ron's suggestion makes sense, but I think it would make more sense to split "Competition Area" into its own section (like "General Cubing" and "Off-Topic") and put the WCA Competition sub-forum in there as well as the current "Competition Area" sub-forum (renamed to "Weekly Forum Competitions" or something similar?)

My two cents.

hawkmp4

Well, to be honest...
I don't know if the weekly competitions deserve a full forum of their own. What about a just plain Competition forum, with people's questions about comps in general, how to run one, etc. and sub forums for the weekly comp and another one for the official comps?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Jon: I like the idea.

Hawkmp4: I definitely think the Weekly Competitions deserve a forum. As far as creating more forums than what we have now, I don't think it is a good idea. A forum with questions regarding how to run a comp, generals questions, etc. would not work out, those can all be covered with a simple guide or by searching the forum. I think Beginners Central fits those questions fine for the time being.

On another note, I see you live in Louisville. I live in Golden. Were you at the Denver Open? PM me.

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01

When was this? I don't remember it (although I remember my suggestion of making it a child to the 'competition area'...)

Ron's suggestion makes sense, but I think it would make more sense to split "Competition Area" into its own section (like "General Cubing" and "Off-Topic") and put the WCA Competition sub-forum in there as well as the current "Competition Area" sub-forum (renamed to "Weekly Forum Competitions" or something similar?)

My two cents.

I agree with this.

Actually, when I initially suggested it, I suggested it as a "sub-forum" put under the General Cubing section. By this, I meant its own forum.

Having a Competition Area section, which includes weekly competitions, Official competitions, and perhaps even another miscellaneous "Other Competitions" forum for threads like this or this (or even stuff like the "what do you look for in a competition" thread), does seem like the best idea to me.

Last edited:

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As now it's easy to miss a post. You open the speedcubing forum and you see that is a new post about comp xxx that is far from your area so you do not bother to open it. But if there was a post a little earlier about comp yyy that is near you = intresting stuff, then it will not be visible and you miss it. Earlier both posts would have been visible in the listing of speedcubing threads, now only the last one is.