• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Salvete!

illius

WCA
2015VIRJ01
Hello Everybody,

I am a student in London, and I am also a chorister, programmer, planespotter, and of course, cuber.

I enjoy the Latin language also.

My 2x2x2 PB is 5.68 seconds (PLL Skip), done on my Shengshou 2x2x2 (not Aurora). A LingPo has been on its way from China for about two months. I am also going to get the Xingyu, and the DaYan Zhanchi 2x2x2.

My 3x3x3 PB is 15.02 seconds (Full Step), done on my brand new MoYu WeiLong. But normally I average sub-31 (about 30.7), so that was a complete fluke. I have got two other sub-20s before (a 17 and a 19), and nowadays, I get in the 20s a lot! (Mainly near 30, but for instance, yesterday I did 25 solves, and I got a 20.54).

I want to get into other events, and know how to solve a Pyraminx, but I don't have one (my friend does though, I gave it to him).

I do not have time to cube much each day (only at weekends, [:-(] ). However, this will change, as my life changing exams are on 28/4 and finish on 30/4. Then, it's bye bye to my work, and hello to an $800 order from thecubicle.us!

My collection:

- Transparent AoSu
- Yuxin 4x4x4
- MoYu WeiLong
- Shengshou 2x2x2 : MAIN (for now...)
- MoYu AoLong V2
- MoYu AoLong V1 (from Feliks Zemdegs, signed)
- Gans III 57mm (from Feliks Zemdegs, signed)
- 3x Cyclone Boys Feiwu (strengthened)
- Yuxin 3x3x3 : MAIN
- Stickerless Zhanchi
- SS Wind
- SS 5X5X5
- V-Cube 7
- MoYu AoShi
- 2x Fangshi ShuangRen v2
- 4x YJ GuanLong
- Various Lubes (Maru, Lubicle, standard Cubicle)
- Some emergency stickers

Splits:

- Cross : 3.5 seconds
- F2L : 17.2 seconds
- OLL : 4.5 seconds
- PLL : 5.5 seconds

I know 2-Look OLL, my own special 2-Look PLL, and a few more PLLs (12/21).

How do I improve my F2L by the way?

Many thanks,
Illius.

--

gratias tibi ago, si hoc legavisti...

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! You can improve F2L by turning slower than usual and looking ahead to the next pair - it seems weird to not be turning as fast, but if you don't pause then you'll get faster times. Smooth, uninterrupted turning is important.

illius

WCA
2015VIRJ01
4x4x4 - Do not know OLL Parity, or time solves
5x5x5 - Needs algs. No time to learn until about 1 week time.
6x6x6 - ", but centers takes me about 3 minutes (i.e. bad).

Let's not even go to 7x7x7. It keeps on popping, so I think I'll just get an AoFu or Mini SS. I cannot learn on it.

--

At least I am good at learning algorithms, and my recognition is getting better.

Should I learn EO + COLL + EPLL for my LL? EO is easy, and I already know lots of COLLs... Or, OLL + PLL (full).

Currently, I'll try to get to sub-23 with slow, smooth turning. Oh yeah, I've got examina.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
4x4x4 - Do not know OLL Parity, or time solves
5x5x5 - Needs algs. No time to learn until about 1 week time.
6x6x6 - ", but centers takes me about 3 minutes (i.e. bad).

Let's not even go to 7x7x7. It keeps on popping, so I think I'll just get an AoFu or Mini SS. I cannot learn on it.

--

At least I am good at learning algorithms, and my recognition is getting better.

Should I learn EO + COLL + EPLL for my LL? EO is easy, and I already know lots of COLLs... Or, OLL + PLL (full).

Currently, I'll try to get to sub-23 with slow, smooth turning. Oh yeah, I've got examina.

I use edge control+COLL+EPLL and it sux.

Last edited: