• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MinimalisTimer released!

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, just made an online timer. Nothing special... but it looks nice :). Besides, it works on mobile devices, too! So give it a go here: http://molarmanful.github.io/minimalistimer. Oh, and if you're using it on a mobile device, try playing around with the device orientation.

The main goal of this timer was to keep stuff simple (hence the name MinimalisTimer). But it's nice, so yeah. It works...

Suggestions? Compliments? Constructive criticism? Anything like the previously stated?

PS.: I'm looking for an optimal Skewb scrambler written in Javascript. Sort of like Lucas Garron's Mark 2. If any of y'all have one, I'd like it please!

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Suggestions? Compliments? Constructive criticism? Anything like the previously stated?

Make it more minimalist. ;-)

PS.: I'm looking for an optimal Skewb scrambler written in Javascript. Sort of like Lucas Garron's Mark 2. If any of y'all have one, I'd like it please!

Check out Shuang Chen's skewb solver (used by qqTimer).

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you add penalties?

Also, a minor bug: if you get an average of 5 and then delete enough solves such that you have less than 5 solves, the Ao5 in the statistics will remain the same even if you then get some other completely different times, until you have 5 times again. So even when you have four solves and you could still calculate an average of 5, it hasn't updated yet because you don't have five times.

Aside from that I like it though. It's a shame the URL isn't as easy to remember as other timers' :p

Last edited:

Calode

WCA
2016HOOV01
Holy cow. I was just starting to work on a timer with this name, idea and general appearance. I was going to use google material and model off of cstimer though. Interesting timer though!

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you add penalties?

Also, a minor bug: if you get an average of 5 and then delete enough solves such that you have less than 5 solves, the Ao5 in the statistics will remain the same even if you then get some other completely different times, until you have 5 times again. So even when you have four solves and you could still calculate an average of 5, it hasn't updated yet because you don't have five times.

Aside from that I like it though. It's a shame the URL isn't as easy to remember as other timers' :p

Ok... will fix that ao5 bug. And I will add the penalty options... But because the whole thing is on Codepen, I'll finish up development before transferring the code to my (much more memorable) Github URL.

EDIT: The penalty is way harder to code... After having to deal with frustrating NaN averages caused by DNFs, I took out the feature entirely. I can keep the +2 penalty, though. But it's sort of weird to have a +2 button and no DNF button.
I fixed the ao5 bug. I moved the timer to github: https://github.com/molarmanful/minimalistimer. If you want to contribute, ask on this thread.

Last edited:

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy cow. I was just starting to work on a timer with this name, idea and general appearance. I was going to use google material and model off of cstimer though. Interesting timer though!

!!!!!! Woah. Amazing coincidence? Anyway, go ahead with building. I'd like to see how your timer turns out. Perhaps I can get some ideas from your timer.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok... will fix that ao5 bug. And I will add the penalty options... But because the whole thing is on Codepen, I'll finish up development before transferring the code to my (much more memorable) Github URL.

EDIT: The penalty is way harder to code... After having to deal with frustrating NaN averages caused by DNFs, I took out the feature entirely. I can keep the +2 penalty, though. But it's sort of weird to have a +2 button and no DNF button.
I fixed the ao5 bug. I moved the timer to github: https://github.com/molarmanful/minimalistimer. If you want to contribute, ask on this thread.
Sorry if I'm just not seeing it, but where is the +2 option? Also, you now can't delete just a single time, which I sometimes have to do when I hit space twice.

rokicki

For those who don't see so well, perhaps when presenting the scramble, you can make the
text larger? Perfect would be just the scramble onscreen as large as fits.

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry if I'm just not seeing it, but where is the +2 option? Also, you now can't delete just a single time, which I sometimes have to do when I hit space twice.

I didn't include penalties...
I also took out the "single time" deletion because of some bugs with that (deleted 2 times instead of 1!). I included it, but it doesn't work properly.

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, it's kinda buggy. When i doubleclick it, it deletes the last time but, it rearranges the order of all the times.

Wow. Never thought it would rearrange order! For me, 2 times are deleted at a time when that button is clicked. I'm working on fixing the bug, but I'm not too sure if it can be fixed.

EDIT: I fixed the button bug!!!!!!!!!! YEEEAAAH!!!!!!

Last edited:

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, I added favicons and offline support. Now you can time yourself without wifi (as long as you first visit the site when online). Also for mobile, if you add the timer page to the home screen, the page becomes an app! Try it out!

EDIT: Offline support doesn't work anymore... The timer relies too much on cross-domain files to be cached properly

Last edited: