• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Orange from Moyu stickers

TheCoolMinxer

WCA
2014GERB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

today I realised that the orange on one of my Moyu cubes completely changed. I wonder how this happened and if it goes back to normal maybe. image.jpg
The orange on the cube one the right changed, it's darker now. The red and orange also don't contrast very well anymore.
Thanks for your help :D

Dong

How long does it take in the sun to change?

I'm scared... my cube is fairly old, but still hasn't changed. If anything, it's a mixture in between the two you showed.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How long does it take in the sun to change?

I'm scared... my cube is fairly old, but still hasn't changed. If anything, it's a mixture in between the two you showed.
From a friend his solution was simply to leave it in the sun again for an afternoon, it's not perfect, but better than having different colored stickers. I'd advise you to buy new stickers if you are scared.

Dong

Oh, I don't have different colored stickers, but the shade on all of them are halfway in between.
I'm scared that they will change, because I leave them in an open area.
And new stickers cost money. :<

PurpleBanana

Will this happen from keeping the cube under a lamp, or only from the sun? (I'm thinking of getting an Aolong and I keep all my cubes stacked under a lamp)

keima

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's happened to my moyu skewb, i leave it in the box during an afternoon and the stickers under the plastic windown became darker. But after waiting a long time(4-5 months) the différence became less significant and today i don't see the difference when i use this cube. So change your stickers or wait for a long time :)

KnightCuber

WCA
2014LEAV03
I had a weilong and I thought that the stickers had just gotten junk on them. I tried to rub it off but it did nothing, and now I know why!

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had this happen again yesterday. I was only out for 15 to 20 mins and the orange stickers went very dull. The cube was solved at the time so at least they were all the same but I didn't like the colour so I gave it away.

Lid

WCA
2008LIDS01
I had this happen again yesterday. I was only out for 15 to 20 mins and the orange stickers went very dull. The cube was solved at the time so at least they were all the same but I didn't like the colour so I gave it away.
Gave it away? Why not just change the stickers :confused: