• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to get faster at the 3x3 Rubik's Cube (updated)

Should I continue the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Excellent! I'm glad you're gonna give it another go. And yeah, definitely personalize it! Try to remember the little things you did to practice each step, and how that helped you get to where you are. And show lots of examples of different tips and tricks.

Last edited:

nalralz

WCA
2014BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How many videos should be in the series or should it be one video on beginning to get under one minute? What should the title be called? should I talk about how to practice, splits, what to practice, look ahead, and other tips that everybody can use as a beginner? Anything else I should add? how should I do it?

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How many videos should be in the series or should it be one video on beginning to get under one minute? What should the title be called? should I talk about how to practice, splits, what to practice, look ahead, and other tips that everybody can use as a beginner? Anything else I should add? how should I do it?

don't split it into parts based on steps of the solve. Split it into steps based on how to practise. Maybe you can start with talking about un-timed solves, getting used to the method of solving the cube, and learning how to do things more efficiently. Title should just be "how to get practise to get faster at 3x3".

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think splitting it into "steps of the solve" is fine. But I agree that a portion of each video or of the whole series should be dedicated on how to practice, what to think about during each step, etc.

Edit: But another thing... don't worry about having a script the whole time, either. You can talk about your own experience and what you know others have experienced as well. One of the most legit complaints I saw from before was: you reading from the script sounded really unnatural. It might take a thousand takes to get a single video out, but as long as you cover the important bullet points, I think it'd be worth it.

Last edited:

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I still feel people will hate this just as much...

The more you worry about this, the less likely you are to make videos. Just make them. If people love it, great. If people hate it, then it's a learning experience. You already got a lot of feedback for your first set of videos. We aren't gonna make your videos for you. Just make them, and hope to get some feedback.The bad thing is when people don't say anything.

However, I will say you should ask yourself these questions (Don't answer me, because I don't care, these are for you to consider internally):

Are my videos offering something to the community that is currently lacking?

Is my video editing ability good enough to provide watchable content?

Am I able to express the information in a way that's easily absorbed and enjoyable to listen to?

These are things I generally ask myself before taking on any tutorial/walkthrough solve video.