• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Feedback on my solves

mpcuber1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnFN2fVQwWY&feature=youtu.be

I decided to record an average of five of my solves. I would like some feedback on my weak points and what I could do to improve them, as well as how I could improve my video quality. This is my first cubing video, so there are many aspects of the video that could've been improved. I didn't realize until afterwards that the cube was close to the top of the screen and was not easily seen, so I will try to fix that in the future. I also got kind of nervous with the camera on. Sorry about the background noise, I'm not sure how it got there because I had no background noise where I was cubing. I may upload an average of 12 later this week. Thanks for any feedback that can be provided. :)

Last edited:

King Mike

They were pretty good except that you rotated like WAY too much.
You should have 2-3 MAX, your first solve had a lot more than that.
Last layer and cross were okay, nothing that stood out.

Fix that yellow centerpiece! I got like hardcore OCD jitters from that, lol

mpcuber1

They were pretty good except that you rotated like WAY too much.
You should have 2-3 MAX, your first solve had a lot more than that.
Last layer and cross were okay, nothing that stood out.

Fix that yellow centerpiece! I got like hardcore OCD jitters from that, lol

lol, I lost the yellow center cap under the couch, so I need to look for it again. XD
WOW, I had no idea I had so many rotations in that first solve... It makes me cringe watching it now.

jms

The first time I made a video of one of my solves I was shocked at the number of rotations and the amount of pauses that were in it. I never realised how much time I wasted every solve until I actually watched myself.

mpcuber1

The first time I made a video of one of my solves I was shocked at the number of rotations and the amount of pauses that were in it. I never realised how much time I wasted every solve until I actually watched myself.

Yeah, that's why I decided to make this video. I will probably make more and analyze them to see where I can improve most.

jms

Yeah, that's why I decided to make this video. I will probably make more and analyze them to see where I can improve most.

That's definitely a good idea. I'm going to be doing it myself too.

mDiPalma

nice solves, especially solve 3!

Everything looked pretty good. Your cross was pretty fast; have you ever tried preserving some of those free blocks that the scramble gives you? I saw a lot of easy 2x2x2's or XCrosses that you could have easily taken advantage of.