• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bleaching a cube?

CubeCow

I've heard of rit dying a cube, but I was wondering if you could bleach a stickerless cube to get it white. Any thoughts? Anyone every heard of someone doing this?

King Mike

I've heard of rit dying a cube, but I was wondering if you could bleach a stickerless cube to get it white. Any thoughts? Anyone every heard of someone doing this?

I never heard of anything like that. If you want a white cube you should buy it white, lol

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, lots of people say that stickerless cubes feel better than normal ones, but I kind if think that's a myth. Just buy a white cube. Also, come on. Don't bump after it's been 30 minutes, it can be six hours and you'll still be on the first page.

OtakuCuber

I never heard of anything like that. If you want a white cube you should buy it white, lol

What about puzzles that don't come in white or aren't produced in white anymore? (tuttminx, MF8 Gigaminx, etc)

And since this topic is semi relevant, is there ANY way you can turn a black cube white?

Psyph3r

I'm sure spray paint or white out would turn a black cube white. You could also trade the black cube for a white version of the same cube. Full fitted all white stickers is an option. You could even fall back on ole faithful and just accept it no matter what the color of its skin is.

OtakuCuber

I'm sure spray paint or white out would turn a black cube white. You could also trade the black cube for a white version of the same cube. Full fitted all white stickers is an option. You could even fall back on ole faithful and just accept it no matter what the color of its skin is.

I doubt people that actually know about the rarity would trade a Black Tuttminx for a White Tuttminx or a Black MF8 Gigaminx for a White MF8 Gigaminx.

White out sounds like a terrible idea.
Spray Paint would wear off I assume
And Stickers only cover the face even if full fitted.

I may just sucks it up and stick with black, but I'd highly prefer a way to make it white since my whole collection is white.

Psyph3r

I would like to point out that my entire post was sarcasm. Without a lot of equipment and chemicals it's going to be super difficult to turn molded colored plastic into a different color.