• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gans 356 First Impressions

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have added time stamps on the left of the video if you want to skip to any specific section. Hope you all enjoy seeing this new puzzle!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Man that looks strange, but very cool
It is very cool honestly. I am really enjoying solving with this puzzle

This has the coolest mechanism
I have since learned that you can open up the corners to add weights to your liking. Other than the small lockup that the corners cause (very minimal), I have found nothing wrong.

Nice video! You are right up there with the best reviewers!
Wow, thank you Marcel. I really appreciate it. I love making videos.

I want one.... This looks perfect.
It is really good I have to say. I enjoy the feel much more than the 357.

Psyph3r

I want to get my hands on this in order to complete my collection. I am not sure that 56 vs 57 will make a huge difference outside of the first 3-5 solves when switching between them. Once your hand adjusts with a few solves I think you will not feel a large difference. The core looks head and shoulders above the 357 and the fact that it is more stable and is not as prone to losing its shape during solves without perfect technique only makes me want it more.

I don't have a friend that has connections in Hong Kong however so I will be waiting patiently for it to come to the US :(

trackdork

WCA
2014ELLI06
Not exatly a review, but the forum made me choose that prefix. I have added time stamps on the left of the video if you want to skip to any specific section. Hope you all enjoy seeing this new puzzle!

Excellent review and well-done video! I'm so happy you did that - any video I would have thrown together would have been decidedly low-budget compared to that. Maybe my other cubes being more broken-in has something to do with it because during a solve I can't quite get the same level of corner cut on this puzzle. Also could be because of how fluidly it turns - having to exert more pressure to force a corner cut definitely interrupts the flow.

hkpnkp

I got 2 bottles of lubes along with my gans 356 master edition. It was written standard on one and gummy on another using a marker. They were gans lubes. I havent used them on my cubes, Have anyone else used them ? are they good ?