• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Fangshi GuangYing 3x3x3

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Awesome

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Good

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Above Average

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Below Average

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the Fangshi GuangYing 3x3. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

1) Where the puzzle was purchased:
2) When the puzzle was purchased:
3) Thoughts on the puzzle:

What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cube feels like a definate upgrade from the Shuangren v2. I get a lot less lock ups with the Guangying than the Shuangren. Corner cutting is also very great but the reverse corner cutting gets locky sometimes. The raw speed of the puzzle is tremendously fast and too fast for me. It responds to lube well and over lubrication will help in making the speed controllable. The cube is also very loud.

Last edited by a moderator:

pyr14

WCA
2014SIME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where the puzzle was purchased : At my comp, speedcube.com.au came to our comp selling different puzzles at the comp and letting us try some out.
When the puzzle was purchased : 2/5/2015 (D/M/YYYY)

Thoughts on the puzzle: Right out of the box it felt much better than my YJ yulong (previous main). this is just the best cube for me. The reason why is because of how fast it turns. I really like fast cubes. when i tensioned it, it cut a bit more. I haven't lubed it yet as it didn't need any. there was a little bit of flash on it so i just sanded it down. It never pops and I have done like 50 solves and it there are no corner twists. Definitely my new main. I didn't expect this cube to be THIS GOOD!

update as of 6/5/2015

i have noticed no corner twists so far but ive noticed my fingers go in the layers (finger catches) so it feels weird and slows down my time. also i've noticed the caps fall off. It has happened to be twice so far. the centre ones I don't really care because wca regs let only one fall down but for edge caps, they have fallen on me twice (one while casually solving and one while scrambling). I think I still need more time to get used to being a "light turner" cause i keep doing harsh turns and i feel bad, i need to practise more i guess. but the cap issue happens. maybe it only happens to me. The feel is definitley overall good still.

Last edited:

transatlantic

such a good cube, but WHY FANGSHI WHY DO YOU HAVE CAPS ON THE EDGE AND CORNER PIECES??!! they serve no purpose other than to put weights in? but I've never heard of that helping a cube really. but also I've found that the guangying doesn't corner cut as well as say the gans 356 or the moyu hualong. I've had my best times on it, but its not my main because the edge caps fly off too often and is therefore unreliable. and I'm not going to glue them down because i have the pretty transparent blue one and i don't want to discolor it, haha. it feels so good tho, way better than the shuangren. it has more weight and is stiffer.

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
my biggest mistake was not getting this as my first cube. I wasted my time and money buying dayan guhong, moyu aolong, hualong, guanlong. fangshi guanying is the best cube. inside corner cutting is not as good as moyu. center caps sometimes fall off but this can be fixed with paper or mild adhesive, thread locker etc.. my edge caps don't come off but if they do I will glue them. so basically I gave up a little bit of corner cutting to get a cube that is smooth, light, and very easy to turn. I will eventually take it apart to lube the spring noise. buy two guanyings so you can swap the center pieces around when they fall off. then you have one cube with no glue and tight caps.

price free shipping
$13 light take
$14 cubes 4 speed

viperzz33

how heavy is the guanying compared to other cubes such as the weilong and hualong?

Naquore

YouTube
Visit Channel
my review of the guangying.

Let me start off by saying that this puzzle is my main. If you like lightweight puzzles such as the shengshou, fangshi, or yj cubes, then you would love this cube. I have had it for 2 months, one of the months I went without lube. I ordered it from championscubestore.com (its a great store!!) the stickers were bright but I changed them to full fit stickers. There are up and dowons to the puzzle. The down is corner cutting and really fast. Some look at those (like myself) as good because it makes you train your fingers to perform light and crisp movements, leading to more solves and faster times. The good thing about this cube is its step up from the shuangren v2 (my previous main) the guangying. It is less block, more flexible, and easier to adjust to if u are just getting into lightweight cubes. Now being able to quickly execute algorithms is excellent. The only lock UPS I get are when I go to rough:rolleyes: Also the caps are less prominent to fall off and once again the pieces have never popped on me...at all!! I have done over 500 solves, not one solve (however about...10 corner twists) overall this cube is great I am waiting for my order of the fangshi jieyun so I can have a comparison video on my YouTube channel. (I start making videos this weekend so subscribe to Naquore Davis)

Naquore

YouTube
Visit Channel
O have had a weilong, it is way lighter, but if your used to stable cubes like that, the guangying will be a change, however I went from my guangying back to my weilong and thought "man this weilong is too slow for me now!"