• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 Ortega: How to predict the LL permutation from OLL

D

Deleted member 29182

Hello, I've been working on a new trick (I haven't found it anywhere else in this forum) where you predict the LL permutation from OLL. If you can predict the first layer permutation, then you can predict full PBL with this. This method can get you faster because you do OLL and PBL in one look, kind of like the EG method. If mixed with OLL prediction, then you can almost one-look your solves.

There will be 4 videos for the series, where I go over how each OLL looks like on each of the 6 permutation outcomes (skip, diagonal, bar on left, bar on right, bar in front and bar in back).

The first video here will be the introduction, OLL algs, and the H cases

Last edited by a moderator:

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's like knowing EG, but each algorithm is "OLL+PLL" instead of "EG". But it's a good idea, anyway!

Es como saber EG, pero cada algoritmo es "OLL+PLL" en vez de "EG". Pero es una buena idea, igual!

WCA
2014ATTI01
instead of learning the cases for 2 look CLL, so no pauses, why not learn CLL, its the same amount of work as learning all these individual cases and it has one alg to solve each of them instead of 2

WCA
2014ATTI01
true, but wouldn't one looking be better with CLL rather than using one looking to find the first alg and then predict the permutation instead of just predicting the actual CLL/ EG?