• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aolong v1 + v2 edge swap

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I was thinking the other day, "how great would it be if there was an Aolong v1.5. It would be the perfect cube." And then I realized I could do that since I have both by swapping the edges between them. The results:

v2 corners with v1 edges: Really fast. A little unstable at first, and locky, though that's probably due to the tensioning being off. But I don't want to modify it too much more to find out since this. Definitely usable as a main though, and has great potential.

v1 corners with v2 edges: Not as good. the instability of the corners matched with the ridged edges makes for a very loud, annoyingly unstable cube. I do not recommend

Final results: The v2 corners with the v1 edges is great, and could be even better if anyone cared to take some time with it. Has the stability of the v2 plastic in the corners, but retains the flex of the plastic in the edges of the v1. Has the potential to be better than the v1 or the v2 for certain cubers.