• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] I can also ZZ with full ZBLL (16.32 Ao5/ 20.78 Ao12)

WCA
2014BLOC01
you should record the skype call when you explain your system

I think that would kind of ruin the point of doing it on a Skype call instead of just asking him to make a video. Up to Chris, but if he doesn't want anybody recording it, I'm not recording it, and I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
boxxxxyyyyy <3

Failure is a word invented by lazy people so others are discouraged from trying. Don't use that word, you're a pro <3

Thanks Rowan!! I still remember you were the first person to message me after I posted the news about dropping out of school. I really appreciated that!

I think that would kind of ruin the point of doing it on a Skype call instead of just asking him to make a video. Up to Chris, but if he doesn't want anybody recording it, I'm not recording it, and I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

Thanks for the consideration!!
After some thinking, it'd probably be best for the community if I share it openly. I don't presently know how to link cube images, but I can figure it out!
Once I get a large chunk of spare time, I'll make a giant post about my memo system I do, and then update it with things like: advice/tips, progress, random nice algs, and open discussion about new approaches and whatnot. Something like a "Large Algorithm Memorisation" thread. I'm currently really busy, but I'm thinking in the upcoming months, I'll try to put it together so maybe it'll help someone. Pretty much, the biggest hindrance is time, and I don't want to make a video series because I'm bad at video editing and I'm sure I'll start rambling.

But if you're still curious, I can skype one upcoming weekend, and also during my spring break, which is in 2-3 weeks.
My skype name is wanderingflame1213 (or maybe wanderingflame1313), but I'm suuuuper rarely on.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Always nice to see you back :p Congrats on being able to relearn ZBLL in a month, or learn it at all for that matter (I can't imagine how people learn more than a few algs at a time - if I had to learn OLL again, I doubt I would have the motivation to actually do it).

WCA
2014BLOC01
Always nice to see you back :p Congrats on being able to relearn ZBLL in a month, or learn it at all for that matter (I can't imagine how people learn more than a few algs at a time - if I had to learn OLL again, I doubt I would have the motivation to actually do it).

With a system and some good motivation, algs are actually kind of fun (then again, I learned OLL in 18 hours). If you over learn (say, learning OLL in 18 hours), you'll have to go back and make sure you actually know cases, but if you split the cases up systematically, learning medium sized alg sets incredibly quickly can be quite a lot of fun. If you're actually curious, no idea why you would be, I can explain my system at River Hill, though unfortunately, I can't see it working with anything bigger than, say, L4C, and I'd be surprised if it worked well for anything bigger than about 60-70 algs.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
After some thinking, it'd probably be best for the community if I share it openly. I don't presently know how to link cube images, but I can figure it out!
I think that would be *really* cool if you could.
As long as I've been on these forums, people have talked about you being the only person to successfully learn full ZBLL. It'd be great if the knowledge of how you did that wasn't lost.
Plus, the speed of your return makes it even more interesting.

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thats really cool, motivating for sure! I wish I had the time to do this as well, but my progress is slower by a long shot. I hope my suggestions about naming the algorithms helped you somewhat, and about learning similar algorithms at the same time. Also, you should get a better camera :)

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thats really cool, motivating for sure! I wish I had the time to do this as well, but my progress is slower by a long shot. I hope my suggestions about naming the algorithms helped you somewhat, and about learning similar algorithms at the same time. Also, you should get a better camera :)

Hahaha, I took that video with my old 2010 laptop camera, I'll use my phone for the next one. I'll post up another video when I'm significantly faster or maybe to explain a concept or two.

Sadly, I haven't name entire algs, but I'm planning on learning better cases for a few sets, so probably in the future! Good luck with your memorization!
Also, if I may add, you should totally try H set after U, since it's a really really short set.

I think that would be *really* cool if you could.
As long as I've been on these forums, people have talked about you being the only person to successfully learn full ZBLL. It'd be great if the knowledge of how you did that wasn't lost.
Plus, the speed of your return makes it even more interesting.

Oh man, that makes me happy that even while I was gone, I wasn't forgotten! Ahhh, thank you so much! I'll try to put it together during my spring break, which is in about a month of so!

Always nice to see you back :p

Good to see familiar names, thank you for the warm welcome, qq !

Divineskulls

WCA
2011RECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is really making me want to learn more ZBLL, you guys make learning a bunch of algs look so cool, especially when you're able to use them in every solve. O.O

I probably won't get around to learning all of it, probably just the easier to recognize cases. But this is still pretty inspirational.

Millet

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hahaha, I took that video with my old 2010 laptop camera, I'll use my phone for the next one. I'll post up another video when I'm significantly faster or maybe to explain a concept or two.

Sadly, I haven't name entire algs, but I'm planning on learning better cases for a few sets, so probably in the future! Good luck with your memorization!
Also, if I may add, you should totally try H set after U, since it's a really really short set.

I'd second that. There's quite a few people learning and developing H. Few cases don't have good algs on algdb.net and that's likely because they are not easy to find.

I will do that then! I was planning on learning the L-cases, but it would be nice to learn a short one for a change. 4Chan, could you share your alg set for H, seeing as there are quite a limited amount of resources at this time? I regularly use Bindedsas alg-set when I can't find a good alg on my own, meaning that other peoples compilations are great sources.

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
well you're certainly not trollin'

Heh! Hay Thom, your website helped me use several compound OLL algs. I didn't use it as much as I originally predicted because some lengthy cases turn out to be lengthy combinations of OLLs, sadly. ):

I will do that then! I was planning on learning the L-cases, but it would be nice to learn a short one for a change. 4Chan, could you share your alg set for H, seeing as there are quite a limited amount of resources at this time? I regularly use Bindedsas alg-set when I can't find a good alg on my own, meaning that other peoples compilations are great sources.

Aaah, my notes are handwritten and deepest apologies, I don't want to retype them out.
How about this, for all the bad algs you run into, just message me the case and I'll reply with my alg.
I've gotta say though, there are still a few cases that I don't have nice algs for. I'm planning on ironing them out soon though!

Man I love you.

<3 <3 <3

WCA
2014ATTI01
Gogogogogogogogogo sub Feliks :DDDD
Rise 4chan! Queen of le ZB.
Also stop making me want to learn full ZB D: i has bad memory but maybe since I use ZZ OH :D
Also boxxy dosing gj is vgj