• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] ZZ method (FULL ZBLL) : 15.33s avg12

Egide

Premium Member
WCA
2011HIRW01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Finished memorizing ZBLL in december 2014 and l've been training recognition since, it's getting better slowly by slowly.

There's a +2 in the video and the focus isn't quite right in the beginning but it catches up afterwards.
Sorry for the hissing in the video (the camera focusing loudly maybe).

Cube : Fangshi

Last edited by a moderator:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice average! Try turning slower for EOLine so you don't have the pause between it and F2L. Slow turning is really useful for the entire F2L too.

First ZBLL: I use CMLL+fix F2L: R' U r U2 R2 F R F' R U2 M; the inverse is quite nice too
Others: couldn't recognise any of them :p So I probably won't be able to give you any more suggestions for algs.

Artic

Damn, this is awesome! Solving that last layer like that looks amazing. Once you get better both at ZZ and ZBLL recognition, your solves are going to look sooo freakin fast and sexy.

cashis

Wow, this is impressive to say the least. But I would suggest working on lookahead in general, specifically during F2L

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations, you beat me to it!

I was planning on releasing an average of 12 within the next week or so, your timing is perfect.
Great job, and which Fangshi do you use?

Egide

Premium Member
WCA
2011HIRW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice average! Try turning slower for EOLine so you don't have the pause between it and F2L. Slow turning is really useful for the entire F2L too.

Thanks for the feedback, my EOLine and F2L need a lot of work (so many pauses and the LL could be better).

how long did it actually take you to learn the cases?

It took me around a year and a half to put together all the algorithms but during that time l wasn't sure how to begin and l was torn between learning this or Full OLS (which is 502 algorithms) so l knew cases only because l had generated them or because the algorithms were cool. I dived in seriously in october and was done in the middle of december , the rest of december was spent working on recall so l'd say that it took me about 3 months of memorization, but it's hard to pin point the exact time since l already knew some algorithms. l'd recoment you to just dive in, l think the memorization is the easy part because what comes after takes way more time (recognition, recall, execution, AUF,...)

According to him it must've been 89+ years :p

Fixed :)

which Fangshi do you use?

l use the Shuangren.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
im currently working on learning full ZBLL myself (up to 33%)
Oh wow, I didn't realise so many people were learning it... a year ago, didn't everybody think full ZBLL was not worth it and was too many algs? Now everybody's learning it...
It was an appropriate typo, haha. Wow, full ZBLL. How many algs is that?

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
Oh wow, I didn't realise so many people were learning it... a year ago, didn't everybody think full ZBLL was not worth it and was too many algs? Now everybody's learning it...

Lol seriously EVERRRYYBODY hahhah. When I started, Bindedsa was learning. Now there is him, Egide, and 4Chan who know full ZBLL and myself and a few others learning.

We need to get a ZBLL thread going and people can share algs and ideas on recognition.