• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New Member on the Forums and Pumped to Get Faster!

Psyph3r

Hi all! My name is Psyph3r (Anthony or Tony irl).

I learned how to solve a Rubik's cube in 2006. Oddly enough I learned how to solve in the order of: First layer corners, First layer edges, Middle layer edges, Place top layer corners, orient top layer corners, then top layer edges placement and orientation. I rapidly got this method down to about a minute and have been hovering at a minute to a minute twenty ever since.

I didn't do a lot with learning the cube further I was mostly content with a minute. Then one day I stumbled on these forums and having revered the top level cubers for a while decided to take a spin at speed cubing. I have already completely broken down my solving technique and switched to beginner CFOP with plans to learn Intuitive F2L and 4LLL soon.

Other hobbies that I have are video games (league of legends, diablo, and eve online among other things), sports (I played baseball in college), and running.

I live in Kansas, USA and am a CPA (accountant).

I think that pretty much does it for me. I am really glad to meet you all and look forward to learning a lot in the future!

Psyph3r (P.S. it is pronounce cypher)

Psyph3r

Welcome!
What cube or cubes do you have?
I noticed you mentioned diablo do you play any starcraft?

I currently have a Rubik's speed cube, Dayan Zanchi Stickerless, Fangshi ShuangRen, Aolong V2, Gans 3 57mm for 3x3. I have Rubik's versions of 4x4 and 5x5 and a 7x7 vcube. Additionally, I have a stickerless Dayan Zanchi 2x2.

I used to play a lot of starcraft and I love that game but I dont have time anymore to stay competitive and when I am not competitive Starcraft is a lot less fun haha.

pdilla

From the constant posting, I have the impression that there is a very active community there in Kansas. Welcome to the forums and GL with your improvements!

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From the constant posting, I have the impression that there is a very active community there in Kansas. Welcome to the forums and GL with your improvements!
Yup! :) There aren't very many of us, but a lot of activity has sparked up since the first Lawrence competition. Go KC!

Welcome Psyph3r even though we've already talked quite a bit, and I can't wait to meet you at the meet up this Saturday.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

It has really just started getting active with shadowkiller to thank. His comps have let us know that there are more of us and with the massive success that the lawrance spring open is looking to be that only helps

How do I make a sig? I looked through the profile page but could not find the place

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It has really just started getting active with shadowkiller to thank. His comps have let us know that there are more of us and with the massive success that the lawrance spring open is looking to be that only helps

How do I make a sig? I looked through the profile page but could not find the place
Hit settings and then go to my settings and then it's under my profile.

Yeah, shadowkiller has done a ton. I know that Zachary Henry was going to try to make one with danchoi but never did. If dan is cool with it I think it would be awesome if him and I organized one for this summer in the Olathe/ Overland park area. I'll ask him about it this weekend.