• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aolong V1(s)

WCA
2014BLOC01
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how much brand new Aolong V1s go for right now. I have a few brand new stock ones (two were a gift and one I bought to do a sticker mod on but never did), that I am considering selling. Someone at my high school offered $50 for all three, and I said no. I'm not looking to make crazy money, but I'm just curious as to how much they're worth today.

I just sold one of mine for $21, and a friend told me I could probably have sold it for more.

shadyb

I would say 25 each or so. BTW, have you gotten the one I sent yet?

Not yet but I received a paper this morning saying that UPS attempted a delivery but no one was home which I hope is yours. And just to fill you in, my brother actually shipped my Cubicle return when I thought he sent your cube out, but I sent the cube out myself two days after. So sorry about the delay and I hope you get it soon.

natezach728

WCA
2012SORI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not yet but I received a paper this morning saying that UPS attempted a delivery but no one was home which I hope is yours. And just to fill you in, my brother actually shipped my Cubicle return when I thought he sent your cube out, but I sent the cube out myself two days after. So sorry about the delay and I hope you get it soon.

Ahh, okay same. I predict it gets there ~ Thursday or so. Do you think you can PM me the tracking if you have it?

shadyb

Even more valuable! I'm calling over $100 for all three.

Can anyone confirm this? I was literally about to let them all go for $60 to someone. This just convinced me otherwise. Like I said I'm not money hungry or trying to rip someone off...just want to get at least what they're worth rather than get cheated and not know it.

kliang9299

Hey Shady, your inbox is full so I'll just post the picture here.

Here: http://i.imgur.com/k8rUH57.jpg is a picture of the package and order form. The order form clearly states Aolong+ or v2 so I don't know what happened there. The box is clearly a v2 box. The v1 boxes didn't have windows that showed the cube. Inside the cube is wrapped in plastic, but I can clearly tell that it doesn't have the bubbly feeling of the v1.

Mosha

I'll be honest, they'll either continue to rise in the next couple of months, or they've already peaked and I'm inclined to believe they've peaked. A lot of the hype has began to slow down and many of the faster cubers around have started to shift to other brands or newer variants.

The Cubeologist's cubes, weren't solely due to demand, but subscribers being charitable as the funds would go straight back into the channel.

$25 would be my minimum starting auction price on eBay.

Last edited:

Aysha

WCA
2017JAMS01
Hey Shady, your inbox is full so I'll just post the picture here.

Here: http://i.imgur.com/k8rUH57.jpg is a picture of the package and order form. The order form clearly states Aolong+ or v2 so I don't know what happened there. The box is clearly a v2 box. The v1 boxes didn't have windows that showed the cube. Inside the cube is wrapped in plastic, but I can clearly tell that it doesn't have the bubbly feeling of the v1.

I ordered these from FastTech as well and got V2's. They also refused to return them so I opened a Paypal dispute. I currently found a seller on Ali Express that's selling it for $23 and the seller confirmed that its V1. The item has not arrived yet so I'll let you know one I receive it.