• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Poll] What Is Your Favourite Event? (Read Starter Post First)

What Is Your Favourite Event?

• Total voters

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For me it is 5x5. I prefer larger cubes, but am not too big of a fan of 6x6+. I like them, but would much rather solve 5x5.
Heck yeah! Mine is also 5x5, and my HuaChuang should arrive tomorrow so I'm really excited and working on sub 2:00. My favorite puzzle, my Weilong V1, it's not my main anymore, but was for almost a year. Even though I've retired it for an AoLong V2, it's still my favorite and my main for BLD. Most practiced 3x3 obviously, but other than 3x3 probably a tie between 5x5 and 4x4. What I intend to be good at. 3x3-6x6, Megaminx and BLD events.

Iggy

WCA
2012SEVE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Favourite event: Megaminx, but MBLD comes close
Favourite puzzle aesthetically: Megaminx
Most practised puzzle: Probably Megaminx
Favourite puzzle to play around with: Megaminx
What I intend to become really good at: Currently 2x2 and Square-1
Favourite non-WCA puzzle: no idea lol

<3 Mega

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Favourite event: clock, so straightforward yet really fun even if I suck in comp </3
Favourite puzzle aesthetically: can't beat the classic 3x3 for me :)
Puzzle I practise the most: its hard to say, really... Probably either 3x3 or 4x4, but not by much...
Puzzle I like to play around with the most: pyraminx, because I just like turning it
Puzzle I intend to get good at: square-1, my turning is really bad but I think with some training I could be fast.
Favourite non-wca puzzle: does threes count? That's pretty fun

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Favourite event: 4BLD because it is short enough to be interesting but long enough to actually have some memory challenge. And MBLD because it is the ultimate BLD challenge :)

Most practised: currently 4BLD. Sometimes also 3BLD.
What I intend to get good at: 4BLD and MBLD. Also probably 5BLD at some point but not really pushing for that yet...

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Big cubes
5x5 is my favorite followed by 6x6 and I like 7x7 a lot as well.
also:
look: probably Gigaminx, Teraminx, and Petaminx, I don't have any but i like the look of them.
practice the most: I guess 5x5 and 3x3
play around the most: Skewb, I just like turning it and making the clicky sound.
Need to get good at: Megaminx, Just got my Dayan and need to learn the OCLL's
fav. non WCA puzzle: I don't have many, I guess mirror blocks

Last edited:
WCA
2013BARK01
Favorite event: 3x3, aesthetically: 3x3, most practiced: 3x3, favorite to play around with: 3x3, what I intend to become really good at: 3x3, favourite non-WCA: the errobickub

I also have 2 up coming competitions where I have only registered for the 6x6.
Doesn't look like that exactly happened... Didn't you say that your parents "forced" you to do 3x3 at Lawrence?

Last edited by a moderator:

xchippy

I like 3x3. Only event I practiced until about a month ago. I like OH, but my pinky hurts after practicing it, so it gets annoying.