• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fingertrick help? d'

Jellis

I'm trying to memorize the V and F permutation algorithms from Badmephisto's cubing site, and I can't seem to get the hang of the d' move in them.

The V Algorithm is: [R' U R' d'] [R' F'] [R2 U' R' U] [R' F R F]

The F Algorithm is: [R' U2 R' d'] [R' F'] [R2 U' R' U] [R' F R U' F]

I've been just using my middle and ring fingers to flick it but I'm really slow and sloppy with it, is that the way to do d' and I just need to practice it more?

Jellis

The video isn't working, it's giving me an error message and that annoying pixelated black screen. Could you give me a link to the video? Thanks for you help :) I realize now I probably should have posted this in the speed cubing help thread instead of this general cubing help thread

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool alg too but somehow it's not so comfortable for me. I drilled some the other alg. With my old alg (that has the d') my best time after some tries was 1.61. Best using new alg was 1.49. It also feels better to me so I am going to use the new alg. Thanks, TDM.
Have you tried the front/back mirror of mine? Some people prefer it, and it does avoid the regrip, but to me the rest of the alg feels slower.

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The standard way of doing d moves is with your thumbs. For example, a d move should be done by holding your right index on the BUR sticker and using your left thumb to push the FR sticker to the RB position. Think of it as a U move and a y' done in one movement. If you actually try to do a U and a y' at the same time, you may find yourself naturally doing it this way.

Do not use your middle/ring finger. It requires a regrip.

For this V perm, I find that I do the U' and the y separately i.e. as
 Twizzle link 
U' y
. However, in F2L, I always use my thumbs.

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you tried the front/back mirror of mine? Some people prefer it, and it does avoid the regrip, but to me the rest of the alg feels slower.

What's the alg? No, I really do like yours and I like how it feels too plus it's faster than my old one. I do my regrip differently. After R' U R' U' R D' R' D... I regrip with my thumb on F. Then I do R' U (with a right index finger push) D' left ring push then finish with the R2 U' R2' D R2. I don't have to turn my wrist as far this way and it's in a better position for R2 and I don't really like U D' both with my right hand anyway.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's the alg? No, I really do like yours and I like how it feels too plus it's faster than my old one. I do my regrip differently. After R' U R' U' R D' R' D... I regrip with my thumb on F. Then I do R' U (with a right index finger push) D' left ring push then finish with the R2 U' R2' D R2. I don't have to turn my wrist as far this way and it's in a better position for R2 and I don't really like U D' both with my right hand anyway.
The alg is (I'm on mobile so this could be wrong): R U' R U R' D R D' R [U' D] R2 U R2 D' R2.
Also, would you mind uploading a video of your fingertrick? I can't see how you can do that U quickly with your right index and your hand in that position.