• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Rubik's Cube - Push-up per Move

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
are these pushups good enough for you, 560? some of them are sorta shallow, but im pretty sure my back is fine.

[video=youtube_share;L5FpzOOEiEk]http://youtu.be/L5FpzOOEiEk[/video]

EDIT: messed up so many times on my last attempt. ended up with sup 60 moves :fp

Last edited:

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
nice job! way to represent roux. hopefully you beat the other guys.

Gu, pls, im representing meatballs and kittykats.
but srsly, i think i'll use surface abuse for tomorrows attempts. or should that be disallowed? because it could be said that im overcoming one of the aspects of this challenge by not shifting my weight to only one arm (though to abuse surface i cant verywell put all my weight on the cube =P).

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gu, pls, im representing meatballs and kittykats.
but srsly, i think i'll use surface abuse for tomorrows attempts. or should that be disallowed? because it could be said that im overcoming one of the aspects of this challenge by not shifting my weight to only one arm (though to abuse surface i cant verywell put all my weight on the cube =P).

why not put the cube right next to your hand instead of a foot infront of you. i don't know about surface abuse. and what move metric is this?

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
why not put the cube right next to your hand instead of a foot infront of you. i don't know about surface abuse. and what move metric is this?

thats simply for the sake of the video, the same reason i so dramatically lift the cube (and the same reason i wink so sexfully). and this metric certainly i'snt HTM ill tell you that... its STM, i said so in the video, silly :)

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
are these pushups good enough for you, 560? some of them are sorta shallow, but im pretty sure my back is fine.

http://youtu.be/L5FpzOOEiEk

EDIT: messed up so many times on my last attempt. ended up with sup 60 moves :fp

Hmm. Seems better than the original vid, but still not very clean. To me a clean push up is straight back, and arms bending at least 90 degrees. I tend to go nearly until my nose touches the ground. Anything less than 90 and it's barely a push up IMO.

Last edited:
WCA
2014BLOC01
Hmm. Seems better than the original vid, but still not very clean. To me a clean push up is straight back, and arms bending at least 90 degrees. I tend to go nearly until my nose touches the ground. Anything less than 90 and it's barely a lush up IMO.

I usually put a 3x3 under my chest and go until I hit it. Not sure if I'm passing 90, but I'm told I have good form for push ups.

WCA
2010KOTC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm. Seems better than the original vid, but still not very clean. To me a clean push up is straight back, and arms bending at least 90 degrees. I tend to go nearly until my nose touches the ground. Anything less than 90 and it's barely a push up IMO.

+1

As for ROM:
Imo a proper push up is chest (or nose) touching the ground on every rep. I know the marine push up tests have a partner's palm flat on the ground and you have to touch the top of their hand for it to count. Plus there needs to be a standard in these challenges or some people will have advantages over others. Touching the ground is as fair and legit as it can be, lol.

Last edited:

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
^Please make a video of yourself doing this challenge with proper push ups? It would nice to see the difference.
I wonder how much slower you'll be :p

EDIT: or anyone else who is up for the proper challenge.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
+1

As for ROM:
Imo a proper push up is chest (or nose) touching the ground on every rep. I know the marine push up tests have a partner's palm flat on the ground and you have to touch the top of their hand for it to count. Plus there needs to be a standard in these challenges or some people will have advantages over others. Touching the ground is as fair and legit as it can be, lol.

Guess Army pushups are lazier. We just had to make sure the elbow breaks 90 degrees and the body forms a generally straight line and moves down in singular unit. As for this challenge, I can do maybe 40 pushup consecutively on a good day, so not much chance unless I get a skip, haha.

TheSeppomania

WCA
2010HAFN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guess Army pushups are lazier. We just had to make sure the elbow breaks 90 degrees and the body forms a generally straight line and moves down in singular unit. As for this challenge, I can do maybe 40 pushup consecutively on a good day, so not much chance unless I get a skip, haha.
That's similar to me. But i said in my video that the push-up's weren't that good, cause i want a fast solve. I'm practicing proper push-up's since a week, perhaps i'll get an good attampt in the next days.
But don't expect a fast one, these dammit proper push-up's take sooooo long :p

WCA
2014BLOC01

Back when I took Krav Maga, they had out partner put a fist down and we had to hit that with our chest on the way down.

Also, the Marine Gunnery Sergeant who instructed us on the proper form for a pushup, during what little time I was able to spend in ROTC before time concerns ended that, gave us the same instructions you got (elbows break 90 degrees, body moves up and down in a straight line), so I'm not sure what the other thing was.

Last edited:

chronondecay

WCA
2015SHEN02
Guess Army pushups are lazier. We just had to make sure the elbow breaks 90 degrees and the body forms a generally straight line and moves down in singular unit.

Yep, they're going to implement this in the standardised fitness tests in Singapore soon.

Attempted this a couple of days ago. DNF, gave up after F2L (2:35)...

And it was just four months ago that I did 41 (90-degree) pushups in a minute for a fitness test D: