• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] YuXin 3x3

What do you think about this puzzle?

• Total voters

Hawky

Where the puzzle was purchased: Cubicle

When the puzzle was purchased: Early June 2015

Thoughts on the puzzle: Puzzle lasted about 2 minutes before it exploded due to a broken core, when i first unboxed it, it was slower then a Rubik's cube i instantly put lube in it because it was not even usable that seemed to solve the problem but then as i said the core was defective so the cube broke. This is probably unlikely to happen and i just had bad luck. i'm getting a replacement so i will keep you guys posted

YouTube
Visit Channel
Where: Bought it at Cubing Knights 2015
When: June 13, 2015

It was my go to warm up cube due to it's controllable stable feeling. By controllable I mean fairly slow compared to my Aolong v2 and Hualong. Then I replaced the springs with Gans springs from my v2. It became three times faster the corner cutting didn't improve but it was still great. Unfortunately, it became a little less stable. But adapting to the Hualong's unstableness as helped me control this cube as well. Out of the box it is great for beginners in my opinion but after a spring swap, I would recommend it to anybody who thinks it suits them. By the way I put my cx3 soft springs in my aochuang and didn't want to ruin it.

DocMagicPants

Where: thecubicle.us

When: Purchased on 27th June; Arrived on July 1st.

This cube is fantastic. With my setup, corner cutting is effortless almost everywhere. When it isn't effortless, it's just slightly snappy. It's smooth and buttey. It's actually quite a bit like an Aolong v2. I prefer the YuXin, however. It's solid at performing algorithms. I haven't had a single pop yet, and lockups just don't happen. In maybe 200 solves that I have done, it has only corner twisted twice. This was when I was scrambling, though, and thus wasn't a smooth algorithm I would be acquainted with. This cube is just amazing, and for 9 dollars, you really should try it.

b0ssGuy23

WCA
2015FAZE01
When: June 4, 2015
Where: TheCubicle

This puzzle is downright excellent. My Yuxin is currently dry. It cuts over 45 and cuts line to line for reverse. This cube is buttery smooth, with a slight bumpy feeling, which I enjoy. This cube is reasonably fast for me, however people faster than me say it is too slow, and the solution to that is to put CX3 Soft Springs in the cube. Overall, very nice cube, and easily my main.

WCA
2011MART05
I purchased the cube on lightake, 10 march of this year, for a period of time it was my main
its a good cube, but there are certain features of the cube that I don't like
hard to speed up, the plastic is of good quality but very heavy
must be tight ... or can pop really bad
the quality of the stickers isn't as good as moyu stickers, the stickers of my yuxin (aka Zhisheng kylin) are a mess, and they don't have more than 3 months of use
I have an aolong with 6 months of use, and the stickers still doesn't need to be replaced
and sorry for my bad english

ZackGiss

Bought from Cubes4Speed

This cube is very very slow. I got the Yuxin 4x4 first and was amazed because it is so fast and I was expecting the same for the 3x3. Nope. It turns very slow and lubing it and tensioning it didn't help either. I've heard that switching the springs helps the speed but I've yet to try that. Overall, it is a good controllable 3x3 good for beginner speedcubers. And it's $8!

Pyrocuber

Yuxin 3x3 Review

I've had my Yuxin for about two weeks, done about 800 solves, and I'm very pleased. If you've seen all the reviews on YouTube, they point to putting the CX3 soft springs in the cube, so its basically a must.

Out of the box, mine came on really lose tensions, it popped constantly. However, there were no speed issues. The stickers aren't matte anymore, and were replaced with slightly brighter shades than those I've seen on older Yuxins. The corner cutting was ridiculously amazing, and I had a few catches here and there.

After setting it up with Cubicle Weight 4 on the Hardware and a combination of Cubicle Weight 1 with Maru Lube, the cube felt just right. I also tightened the tensions to reduce popping. It's turning was smooth and crisp. The weight was not as light as a Hualong, but not as heavy as an Aolong V2.

Basically, you just have to set the cube up right and make sure you have CX3 soft springs. It's definitely my main. I also avg sub-15 with 2 look OLL by the way, if that helps at all.

fiftyniner

Bought from Lightake. Shipped on 13 Oct, received tonight 21 Oct.
Came with Moyu shades (not matted) but without a logo.
The only way I know it's a yuxin is the kylin logo on the box and a small print "yuxin".

First impression:
loves the feel of the turning. A little flexing (ala 357) which suits my turning very well.
Out of the box the tension was a bit tight (think yuxin has learnt their lesson and sells their cubes with tighter turning). I loosen it by 1/3 of a turn and despite aggressive turning, it didn't pop as I fear.

A pretty quiet cube. Not as fast as the thunderclap but this could be due to different tensioning. Some catches, but it is still new, so some breaking in is in order (getting faster even as I type :D). All these without lube.

A fantastic cube at a great price of US$6 :tu

Will be using this alongside my 357 and thunderclap. Probably more than the thunderclap :p

fiftyniner

I like it a lot especially when I set the tension with the top of the screws really close to the top of the holes of each center piece.
Unfortunately the Yuxin decides that it is not a good idea and proceeds to explode after less than 100 solves.
[Actually one of the screw simply unravel by itself :D]

Have just ordered the maru CX3 springs (together with gans 356 caps and springs) from cubicleus...my fingers get tired just trying to turn at tighter tension :eek:

fiftyniner

Ok, tired of 'tired fingers'.
Rather than wait for the cx3 spring to arrive, I do what I did with older gen of cubes - snipped the spring.

[warning: do not snip off too much - just the first ring is already too much]

Now I have the screws half-way down the screw-holes, and the cube has become faster! lots less effort to turn too. Only slower than my 357 ;)

No pops or catches.

fiftyniner

Took out my idling weilong v1 to practise with...and found out that it feels similar to the yuxin. Except the yuxin feels bigger and has much less catches (after the spring mod)