• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 3x3x3 World Record - 7.08

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
for those who dont know- "sexy move" is R U R' U'. so his OLL was F R U R' U' R U R' U' F', which is #48 on the OLL sticky.
which mean that it was only a PLL skip. which mean even if it wasnt lucky it still probably wouldve been WR, since it is 1.64 seconds faster than nakajima's time, and erik can probably do most PLLs in less than 1.64.

and people need to stop saying that this is the second barrier he's broken. Thibaut Jacquinot was the first to break ten. it says so on the history of the world record

MistArts

for those who dont know- "sexy move" is R U R' U'. so his OLL was F R U R' U' R U R' U' F', which is #48 on the OLL sticky.
which mean that it was only a PLL skip. which mean even if it wasnt lucky it still probably wouldve been WR, since it is 1.64 seconds faster than nakajima's time, and erik can probably do most PLLs in less than 1.64.

and people need to stop saying that this is the second barrier he's broken. Thibaut Jacquinot was the first to break ten. it says so on the history of the world record

False. Recognition of the PLL would be like a half of a second. (Btw, use this: " ' " .)

hawkmp4

Why must we be trying to discredit his record?
Obviously even to get sub-10 is an achievement and to finish OLL at 7 seconds is amazing also. Its a very good solve and Erik is a very good cuber so why don't we lay off the "oh it was lucky, blah blah blah" stuff?

H

hdskull

False. Recognition of the PLL would be like a half of a second. (Btw, use this: " ' " .)

False. If he did not skip, then his AUF time + PLL skip recognition time in this solve would already be enough for him to recognize PLL.

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm actually recoginition would be faster. I knew of course I would solve corners, but I already positioned my left finger to adjust the U face if necesarry and like prepared to do the first M move already (since all my PLL's with corners solved start wit M).
Who knows if it was still WR if I didn't recognise or do the U2 but just slammed it down, got a +2 and still got WR ;) (just kiddin a bit :) )

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
and people need to stop saying that this is the second barrier he's broken.
Please show me where myself or fanwuq said anything along those lines.

Sorry guys, must've missed the other thread :)

that wasnt directed at you, it was directed at people in general. i was hoping if i could get it close enough to the top of the thread i could stop the spread of ignorance. and i am also not trying to downplay erik's accomplishments in any way. i have said that erik is the best cuber in the world for many months now, and i will say it again: Erik Akkersdijk is the best cuber in the world.

Hmm actually recoginition would be faster. I knew of course I would solve corners, but I already positioned my left finger to adjust the U face if necesarry and like prepared to do the first M move already (since all my PLL's with corners solved start wit M).
Who knows if it was still WR if I didn't recognise or do the U2 but just slammed it down, got a +2 and still got WR ;) (just kiddin a bit :) )

that would be hilarious if the WR was a +2!
also, did you get my message about how i completed all of case 3 for the EG 2x2 method?