• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2015 -- July 31 - August 2, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

Alex3

Transportation Help - Please Read!

Hello!
My name is Alex and I'm staying with 4 of my other high school friends at the Comfort Inns Suites at 23 Towne Drive in Bluffton and our car broke down literally as we parked it and we currently have no way to get to the venue. If there are any people out there that would be willing to drive us we'd be very appreciative. We're looking for people who are close to our hotel who wouldn't mind picking us up and dropping us off whenever possible. If you're out of the way, don't trouble yourself! This is just to see if anyone would be willing to help us out.
For anyone wondering, we're 20 minutes NWW of the venue.
I really hate to post this a second time, but after 40 minutes in Off topic there were no views and it wasn't showing up under new posts. Since this is time sensitive, I'm trying to get this out there to the best of my abilities.
Thanks in advance!

suushiemaniac

WCA
2012BILL01
http://www.jflei.com/

So apparently I have heard that this is going to be a thing at US Nats... :0
If these rumors turn out to be true, I'd love to get some details as to how the technology turns out in practical use (video footage maybe?) apart from the already well explained but highly theoretical blog post.

Also good luck and tons of fun and amusement to everyone participating! :D

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
So I had a big assignment due this weekend for a summer college class, thought I would be finished with it, turns out I didn't get it done as soon as I thought. So, obviously by now, I am not at Nats.
But, good luck to everyone who is there, I hope you meet all your goals, and Kevin Hays I want to hear that you went out with a bang! :D

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
Edit: I'm going to keep a running tab on this, because it's actually pretty interesting how close some people have been getting.

National Champion for single at a particular event (i.e. fastest person to not make the soft cutoff):
6x6: Phillip Lewicki, 4:35.65 (soft cut 4:30)
7x7: Clark Cheng, 6:30.28 (soft cut 6:30)
Mega: Jabari Nuruddin, 2:00.42 (soft cut 2:00)
Feet: Vincent Sheu, 4:32.01 (soft cut 4:00) if you had taken just another .09, you would have had a perfect 43210 time :D
Pyra: Michael Battelle, 34.99 (soft cut 0:30)
5x5: Nathan Peck, 2:10.59 (soft cut 2:10)
OH: Alfred You, 1:00.59 (soft cut 1:00)
SQ1: Tyler Howlett, 43.81 (soft cut 0:40)
4x4: Will Crouch, 1:15.35 (soft cut 1:15)
Clock: Vincent Sheu, 20.12 (soft cut 0:20)

Props to Jouhaha Rubiks for making it into mega finals by .01 :p

Last edited: