• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Moyu AoLong is very slow

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
If Hualong spring speeds up the Aolong, wouldn't that mean Hualong is faster just because of the spring? If you look at the mechanism of Aolong and Hualong, they looks awfully the same.

Jayden Mcneill said in his review that he put aolong v2 springs in the hualong and it became too slow.

NeilH

WCA
2015HEMN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I got my first Aolong V2, it turned like a dream but my second one turned worse than my Rubik's brand. I lubed the center pieces and screw/springs with Traxxas 50K and it immediately became WAY better. I did about 100 solves to break it in a little and then i lubed the pieces with cubicle weight 2 and it's amazing now. If you can lube the core I'm sure it will become better.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone else has a problem with the aolong v2 corners? when i shake the cube i can hear the corners move in their spot. the corners seem to have too much space. does anyone know a fix for this?

Try tightening it

When I got my first Aolong V2, it turned like a dream but my second one turned worse than my Rubik's brand. I lubed the center pieces and screw/springs with Traxxas 50K and it immediately became WAY better. I did about 100 solves to break it in a little and then i lubed the pieces with cubicle weight 2 and it's amazing now. If you can lube the core I'm sure it will become better.

Probably had a few crooked screws

QQW

WCA
2014WANG26
I don't agree, I have a v2 and my friend has a v1, I find v2 is more square than v1 and v2 is faster but more blocky and poppy while the v1 is more wobbly and round and smooth(sorta).

33croc

Hi I just got a aolong v2 and it is slower then i thought it would be i lubed it with Mary lube and. It is slow still is there something wrong with my cube

mati1242

Clean it out. Do about 50-100 solves on dry cube. Then clean it out again and lube with maru. 3 drops max.
That should help.

NeilH

WCA
2015HEMN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi I just got a aolong v2 and it is slower then i thought it would be i lubed it with Mary lube and. It is slow still is there something wrong with my cube

This happened to me. You may just have a screw not screwed in straight. Take out the screws and put them back in and it may work.

chee16

I got my aolong v2 about a month ago, after starting with a Guhong V1(which I added torpedoes to only recently), going to a Yulong for a while, then a Weilong for a while, then got a 55mm Zhanchi, Gans and the aolong all about the same time (as gifts). Sorry for the background, just gives an idea of what I am comparing it to. I rebuild all my puzzles and lube the core with Traxxis 50k, and the pieces with cubicle weight 1 sparingly. I put at least 400 solves into the aolong (I'm a casual cuber with too many hobbies.....and a wife and kids :) ) but it was just too slow. I liked the feel, but I couldn't loosen it anymore because the screw heads pushed the center caps out. I decided to order some CX3 soft springs from the cubicle ( I needed a new core for a BRAND NEW shengshou 4x4, but that's another rant.....) and now the aolong is perfect IMO. I think it is a tiny bit slower then my weilong, but it's really hard to tell. I use various cubes when ever I feel like it, but every time I go back to the aolong now I stay on it for a couple days. Its at the perfect tension, great speed but very stable. My PB is 24.09 and PB Ao5 29.81 I think, again I am casual haha.

Regardless, try the CX3 soft springs if you are having this issue, you won't regret it. I am starting to think that springs are the key to any good modern 3x3 (within reason).

Cheers

mati1242

Clean it out. Do about 50-100 solves on dry cube. Then clean it out again and lube with maru. 3 drops max.
That should help.