• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Ok. So I heard that we'll probably have a comp in June. That means I need to start practising seriously again right after WAPPU (1.5.) to be able to do 23 hopefully. But I'll be happy to do just 21 if I can just get them all right. Also intense 4bld practise must start so I can make a reasonably good NR (sub-4 should be the bare minimum, hopefully closer to 3:30).

Probably won't practise 3BLD at all because getting the mean needs 3 successful solves (I'm already fast enough) and that is just a matter of luck at this point really. Some 5bld practise also to give me at least a little chance at breaking 5bld NR (but 4bld and mbld are more important, because mbld I can actually get to top-10 in the world if I do good. And 4bld because Olli is too close to my times already :D )

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
4/5 multi blind in 16 minutes and 20 sec (at home). didn't have enough energy to do a big attempt (16 or 18 cubes) so did a small practice attempt instead :p

i have a comp with 3 attempts on 29-31 May so Im hoping my times will be good enough to attempt 18 there (since 18/18 willl get me Asr :p). my official pb is 13/16 and at home its 11/12 inside the time limit and 18/20 in 1 hour 12 minutes.

Iggy

WCA
2012SEVE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok. So I heard that we'll probably have a comp in June. That means I need to start practising seriously again right after WAPPU (1.5.) to be able to do 23 hopefully. But I'll be happy to do just 21 if I can just get them all right. Also intense 4bld practise must start so I can make a reasonably good NR (sub-4 should be the bare minimum, hopefully closer to 3:30).

Probably won't practise 3BLD at all because getting the mean needs 3 successful solves (I'm already fast enough) and that is just a matter of luck at this point really. Some 5bld practise also to give me at least a little chance at breaking 5bld NR (but 4bld and mbld are more important, because mbld I can actually get to top-10 in the world if I do good. And 4bld because Olli is too close to my times already :D )

All the best :D

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
First MBLD attempt 15/21 in 59:56

Accuracy sucked everything felt slow but still needed to rush...
All DNFs were either corner 3-cycle or 2 twisted corners.

Bad attempt but at least I know I can still do 21 in an hour. Now I just need to get faster to get some safety margin and get used to memoing corners with letter pairs again.

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
First MBLD attempt 15/21 in 59:56

Accuracy sucked everything felt slow but still needed to rush...
All DNFs were either corner 3-cycle or 2 twisted corners.

Bad attempt but at least I know I can still do 21 in an hour. Now I just need to get faster to get some safety margin and get used to memoing corners with letter pairs again.

Keep going man!

9/13 in 50:00.xx Really good time, I reviewed less :D

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
little better this time 17/21 in 58:34

Felt much "easier" to memo fast enough this time :tu

DNFs were 2x 2twisted corners 1x 2flipped edges (memoed wrongly) and 1x edge 3-cycle

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
5/5 in 11:04 :D accuracy was good but the time is awesome for me :O

memo was 7:40 and execution was 3:24 which is 40 sec per cube (really fast for me)

used mostly 3 style for corners as i am beginning to implement it more and more in my solves nowadays

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
11/18 in 59:00.46

Accuracy was bad but the time is great for me, the first time I completed over 15 cubes in one hour. I guess all those 5 cube attempts paid off :D

6 cubes were off by one edge 3 cycle and 1 was off by a corner cycle (probably small execution/memo mistakes like memorising the mirror piece by mistake)

Now I have a shot at 18/18 Asr :p

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
19/21 @ 59:24 getting better at accuracy but still the time is little too close to be comfortable with :D

Again both of the DNFs were 2 twisted corners and both DNFs were in the 5 cubes miniMBLD that I do at the end of the memo/beginning of execution. I had to rush that part because my memo for first 16 was slower than usual. So that probably caused the mistakes. Another one was a memo mistake where I memoed wrong sticker of the right piece and the second was an execution mistake were I memoed and recalled correct letters (OE) but for some reason executed the wrong commutator (TE) :/

Well this was all in all quite nice attempt and if I could get something like this next comp I would be satisfied with it :)

Last edited:

Iggy

WCA
2012SEVE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
11/18 in 59:00.46

Accuracy was bad but the time is great for me, the first time I completed over 15 cubes in one hour. I guess all those 5 cube attempts paid off :D

6 cubes were off by one edge 3 cycle and 1 was off by a corner cycle (probably small execution/memo mistakes like memorising the mirror piece by mistake)

Now I have a shot at 18/18 Asr :p

Gogo AsR :D Someone needs to beat it, and it doesn't seem like I'm gonna get it any time soon...

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
15/20 in 58:05 [ 33:57 memo]

accuracy needs to be improved but I'm happy I was able to do 20 cubes within one hour :D

I would have finished in about 53-54 min but I forgot a letter pair which I took a few minutes to remember.

Memo felt really fast and I htink all those 5 cube attempts paid off :p

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And I only have two cubes I would consider solving bld. Any one want to send me a few? :D

Wait... Maybe I should get a few single solves under my belt first... I'll still take your old not wanted cubes!