• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Clash of Clans

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would but I'm still going lone ranger. Boy have I made a lot of progress since last time I posted. I've mostly finished level 8 upgrades (except walls) as well as starting on some level 9 upgrades. Things are really starting to get expensive.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are your trophies now?

Ever since going 2k+ I've pretty much just sat there. Anywhere between 1900 and 2400 is good for farming. I most prefer being in 2000-2100, although it's nice to get over 2200 to get to Crystal II.

I still haven't got the Archer Queen >.< . Every time I save up dark elixir I go and spend it on a different upgrade.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are your trophies now?

Ever since going 2k+ I've pretty much just sat there. Anywhere between 1900 and 2400 is good for farming. I most prefer being in 2000-2100, although it's nice to get over 2200 to get to Crystal II.

I still haven't got the Archer Queen >.< . Every time I save up dark elixir I go and spend it on a different upgrade.
Still staying around 1200-1250, maybe going +/- 50 from there. But now I have no upgrades left, there's not really much point staying here...

Get the Archer Queen! I've never used one, but she does a lot of damage. Definitely more than the Barbarian King.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should consider allowing yourself to level up to 2k+. The loot bonus is so good you really only need to worry about getting an easy 50%. The resources will come easily enough.

I think this time I will save for the archer queen for real. My dark elixir is currently nearing 30k. I might go on another farming mission tomorrow...

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should consider allowing yourself to level up to 2k+. The loot bonus is so good you really only need to worry about getting an easy 50%. The resources will come easily enough.

I think this time I will save for the archer queen for real. My dark elixir is currently nearing 30k. I might go on another farming mission tomorrow...
I'll probably go up there once I get level 5 troops. I don't think I could survive very long up there as a TH7 :p

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll probably go up there once I get level 5 troops. I don't think I could survive very long up there as a TH7 :p

Heh fair point. But lots of people trophy drop at that level, so you don't have to worry too much about falling back down. But yea, you'd want level 5 troops before going there. Also preferably upgraded army camps for the 220 pop.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well after a considerable effort that went well over my 2hr barracks boost, I finally saved up 40k dark elixir and got myself the Archer Queen.

Figuring out how to fit her into my base was a mission though >.< . It's asymmetrical now :(

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well after a considerable effort that went well over my 2hr barracks boost, I finally saved up 40k dark elixir and got myself the Archer Queen.

Figuring out how to fit her into my base was a mission though >.< . It's asymmetrical now :(
:D I don't use my Barbarian King for defence since everyone uses lots of barbarians/archers that can kill it easily, so I leave mine asleep on the outside of my base. What troops do people use in Crystal? Do you still get lots of weaker troops, or are there more people using fewer, stronger troops?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:D I don't use my Barbarian King for defence since everyone uses lots of barbarians/archers that can kill it easily, so I leave mine asleep on the outside of my base. What troops do people use in Crystal? Do you still get lots of weaker troops, or are there more people using fewer, stronger troops?

Actually I find a lot of people attack using balloons and minions (or at least, I find air units are used a lot more commonly). I honestly can't comprehend why they would bother; the resources on offer would barely pay off the cost of those units (and often not even close), and the time it takes to generate them is enormous. If they only want trophies it's an expensive strategy...

But still, more common are cheaper troop combos, usually barbs and archers. I don't know why people don't use goblins which I find extremely useful. I still stick with my Archer+Goblin team, and I always get 50% if I play my cards right.

To be honest I don't worry about defence. The problem is, you're always going to get attacked by someone way more advanced than you are, no matter what your trophy count. What can you do if you get attacked by someone with maxed out golems, giants, wizards, etc.? And also, if you don't have a lot of resources on offer a lot of people will trophy drop. So overall it balances out.

But why not use your Barbarian King for defense? I mean, if you get a shield you probably won't attack before he's healed anyway.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually I find a lot of people attack using balloons and minions (or at least, I find air units are used a lot more commonly). I honestly can't comprehend why they would bother; the resources on offer would barely pay off the cost of those units (and often not even close), and the time it takes to generate them is enormous. If they only want trophies it's an expensive strategy...

But still, more common are cheaper troop combos, usually barbs and archers. I don't know why people don't use goblins which I find extremely useful. I still stick with my Archer+Goblin team, and I always get 50% if I play my cards right.

To be honest I don't worry about defence. The problem is, you're always going to get attacked by someone way more advanced than you are, no matter what your trophy count. What can you do if you get attacked by someone with maxed out golems, giants, wizards, etc.? And also, if you don't have a lot of resources on offer a lot of people will trophy drop. So overall it balances out.

But why not use your Barbarian King for defense? I mean, if you get a shield you probably won't attack before he's healed anyway.
I think balloons+minions is a good attacking strategy, but I can't see why you'd want to use it outside of wars, where you can attack without a shield. It is way too expensive and takes a long time to train an army.

I don't see why people don't use barbarians which I find extremely useful ;) But I agree, goblins are still very good. What level do people have? Do many people have lvl 6 archers? Because my mortars are still too weak to kill them in one hit, so I'm not sure that I should even think about going up without upgrading my mortars first.

Now you say that, that's a very good point... I don't really have any reason to not use him. I'll start leaving him to guard then.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It seems most people that use archers to attack me use level 6 or 7.

Another reason I don't worry about defense is that, if someone attacks you but you don't get a shield they're probably taking your resources and leaving you exposed. Then you get attacked again and essentially have a double loss of resources. I prefer to take one hit then have 12 hours of safety :p .

It's weird, today my shield ran out about 8 hours ago, but I still haven't been attacked even though I have more than 1 million gold sitting around. Not that I'm complaining :p

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It seems most people that use archers to attack me use level 6 or 7.

Another reason I don't worry about defense is that, if someone attacks you but you don't get a shield they're probably taking your resources and leaving you exposed. Then you get attacked again and essentially have a double loss of resources. I prefer to take one hit then have 12 hours of safety :p .

It's weird, today my shield ran out about 8 hours ago, but I still haven't been attacked even though I have more than 1 million gold sitting around. Not that I'm complaining :p
I once went an entire day (not night, but it was over 12h) with no shield without being attacked at all, and I had completely full elixir storages. I guess nobody wants elixir...