• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

caters

cube in a cube in a cube not reversible?

I succesfully did a cube in a cube in a cube by watching RedKB's video on the cube in a cube in a cube and doing the algorithm.

I then tried doing the algorithm a second time and it got my cube into a completely scrambled state, not a cube in a cube in a cube or the solved state.

And I did all the moves correctly both times.

So is the cube in a cube in a cube not 1 of those reversible patterns where 1 algorithm gives you the pattern and you do that same algorithm once more and you get a solved cube like the checkerboard pattern is but is instead a higher order algorithm(like order 6 for example) meaning that you have to do it more than once after you get the pattern to get the cube into a solved state with just that algorithm?

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
So is the cube in a cube in a cube not 1 of those reversible patterns where 1 algorithm gives you the pattern and you do that same algorithm once more and you get a solved cube like the checkerboard pattern is but is instead a higher order algorithm(like order 6 for example) meaning that you have to do it more than once after you get the pattern to get the cube into a solved state with just that algorithm?

It should take 3 times, and if you do it correctly twice, it should take you to a different cube in a cube in a cube state:

You can see here

DocMagicPants

Hey! I'm a relatively new cuber, and having just joined the community, I would like to know why it seems all of the unboxers and reviewers on Youtube seem to buy cubes from places like 'speedpuzzles', 'thecubicle', or 'h.k.nowstore'(I'm familiar with these places, mostly), but never from places like Amazon. If I were to order from there, it is sometimes cheaper and is likely to arrive faster. Is it for any reason better to order from these places? Is it just for things like free stickers?

Thanks.

jonlin

WCA
2012LINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What happened to the inverse scramble rule for FMC? I know it was there before but where has it gone?

Hey! I'm a relatively new cuber, and having just joined the community, I would like to know why it seems all of the unboxers and reviewers on Youtube seem to buy cubes from places like 'speedpuzzles', 'thecubicle', or 'h.k.nowstore'(I'm familiar with these places, mostly), but never from places like Amazon. If I were to order from there, it is sometimes cheaper and is likely to arrive faster. Is it for any reason better to order from these places? Is it just for things like free stickers?

Thanks.

It might be cheaper, but with the other sites, they will insure that your cube is in quality condition.
It's not like amazon's so bad, but places like TheCubicle and Speedcubeshop are run by cubers for cubers so cubers like that.

Last edited:

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thanks.

Some people trust stores that specialize in selling cubing stuff more than Amazon
Some stores only have certain cubes that you can't get from other stores
Some sellers on Amazon rip people off
Prices
Quality

martinss

Does "solving with feet" exist without table abuse ? I wonder me if it's possible to solve a cube with feet while the cube never touch the ground/table.

Oricuber

WCA
2014LANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do stickerless cubes perform any better or worse than the same stickers cube?

Many people back in the dayan days felt that stickerless dayan cubes performed better because stickerless dayan cubes are made of a softer plastic, but nowadays most cube manufacturers use the same plastic for the stickered and stickerless cubes. So there isn't really a difference at all, besides in the way you've set the cube up.

smoothbread

I am trying to find an algorithm that only uses U, R, and E layers to solve for the cross on the top layer. I am trying to solve my siamese cube (which I already know how to solve) but I rotated the puzzle for an extra challenge. The only layers I can move are the U layer, the R layer and the E layer. Two adjacent edge pieces are oriented, but the other two are not. The bottom two layers are solved already. I don't care about orienting the corners as well all I need is an algorithm to solve the cross using only U, R, and E moves. Here is a picture to help visualize!image1.jpg

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
I am trying to find an algorithm that only uses U, R, and E layers to solve for the cross on the top layer. I am trying to solve my siamese cube (which I already know how to solve) but I rotated the puzzle for an extra challenge. The only layers I can move are the U layer, the R layer and the E layer. Two adjacent edge pieces are oriented, but the other two are not. The bottom two layers are solved already. I don't care about orienting the corners as well all I need is an algorithm to solve the cross using only U, R, and E moves. Here is a picture to help visualize!View attachment 5290

R' U2 R2 u U R U' R' u' R2 U R

Just for fun, I made this algorithm without using the internet :p

Lmao... I just realized this alg flips two ajacent edges without effecting anything else! I'll be using this :p

EDIT: oh yeah, And hold the edges that need to be flipped on UF and UL when you execute it.

Last edited: